Seasonal Festival Manager, Warehouse
The Festival Manager, Warehouse is charged with overseeing Sundance warehouse and storage spaces, which includes shipping and receiving duties, inventory control, equipment moves, and truck loading and unloading. This position oversees one employee and a team of volunteers.
Working closely under the direction of Manager, Onsite Technical Production, the Warehouse Manager supports Sundance Institutes commitment to ensuring a safe Festival experience for all artists, audiences, partners, staff, and volunteers.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Wednesday, November 3, 2021 through Friday, February 18, 2022. Additionally this position may be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival and will be expected to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. A successful completion of a DMV background check as well as the ability to drive safely in winter road conditions. May be required to provide a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical card or be able to pass the DOT physical exam in order to obtain one upon the start of employment.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Outlines plans for inventory storage, cleaning, organizing, and safety for warehouse and tech storage spaces.
• Ensures Warehouse, Print Office and Tech storage spaces are prepped and ready before load-in deadline.
• Conducts pre and post Festival inventory and continuously tracks items stored in Iron Horse, Space Place and Temple storage.
• Creates or updates warehouse training materials and conducts trainings for various stakeholders.
• Sets warehouse timelines and creates written procedures for the warehouse, including receiving, shipping, distribution, safety, etc.
• Manages staff and volunteers, includes selecting and training highly effective staff and volunteers, providing direction, feedback, mentorship and support to ensure employees understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles, and delegates appropriate and meaningful work.
• Provides constant communication with internal departments regarding warehouse logistics (allocation needs and delivery schedules).
• Creates a storage plan and sets requirements to accommodate returned Festival equipment, supplies, tech and print items, merchandise, sponsor items, etc. to the warehouse.
• Supervises Warehouse volunteers to ensure successful operations.
• Manages venue replenishment needs, publications, sponsor items, purified water, etc.
• Assists the Tech Department with shipping equipment as needed.
• Ensures warehouse, print and tech space are clean and organized post Festival.
• Driving 16 to 24 box trucks with lift gates as needed.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report before end of contract .
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid drivers license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years experience managing warehouse operations or related.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes managing people.
• Conflict resolution skills with a background that includes managing stressful situations.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and professional skills required to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Must be able to maintain a high level of trust and accountability with inventory.
• Ability to work early mornings, nights, and weekends around key deadlines.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products.
• Knowledge and understanding of inventory and stock principles.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence, including the ability to problem solve within your work and the work of your team so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively manage and motivate those you are leading and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide safe and organized workspaces to facilitate the movement and storage of all equipment.
• Effectively use project management skills and strong organizational skills to keep yourself and your team accountable for meeting deadlines and milestones.
• Successfully stay within the approved fiscal year budget for all areas of responsibility.
In addition to a weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81v49-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.