Seasonal Festival Manager, Press Office
The Festival Manager, Press Office is charged with managing functions of the Sundance Film Festival Press Office, including operational planning and onsite implementation. The position will have several direct reports to assist in facilitating department operations.
Working closely under the direction of Manager, Communications and Publicity, the Festival Manager, Press Office supports Sundance Institutes commitment to supporting artists and their work as part of furthering awareness, relevance, and impact of our mission.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from mid October, 2021 through Tuesday, February 1, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. Additionally, this role may be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival and may be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Managing department calendars and stakeholders to ensure departmental deadlines are met.
• Working with the communications manager, updating/creating training manuals and documents, scheduling and conducting department training and meetings as requested.
• Creating an operational plan and managing the setup and breakdown of the Festival Press Office located at Headquarters, including signage, furniture, equipment, and establishing timelines with other departments.
• Managing staff and volunteers, including selecting and training highly effective staff and volunteers, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees and volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles, and delegates appropriate and meaningful work.
• Assisting the Manager with various projects, such as supporting proactive pitching, implementing day to day media requests, including fact checks, photo, and video requests, creating targeted media lists, etc.
• Providing timely communication and Festival specific information to attending press and publicists.
• Assisting the Sundance Industry Office in obtaining and distributing attendance reports.
• Overseeing the departmental designated media space, implementing and enforcing its policies and procedures.
• Scheduling wrap meetings with key departments.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience in public relations, media relations, or event publicity.
• Leadership skills with a background that includes managing people.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products.
• Experience in facilitating trainings.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Facilitate a successful, functional, and proactive Press Office.
• Demonstrate an attentiveness to detail in your daily work with a focus on logistics.
• Exhibit the ability to manage many team members remotely, while maintaining productivity with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate the ability to multitask and seamlessly manage priorities with strict time constraints.
• Effectively contribute to the overall success of the team through support and collaboration.
In addition to a weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1x0x-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.