Seasonal Festival Manager, Media Production
The Festival Manager, Media Production is charged with managing the media production logistics and operations of the Marketing team.
Working closely under the Content Producer, the Manager develops and sets up organized systems and templates for media production workflows and scheduling.
This full-time, temporary position works Wednesday, November 3, 2021 through Tuesday, February 1, 2022 and will be based out of our Los Angeles, California office with regular opportunities to work remotely. This role is required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This role may also be required to travel and be lodged at the annual Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Overseeing media production workflows to ensure deadlines are met across the production team.
• Functioning as onsite contact and liaison for the Content team, public relations representatives, and talent for video shoots.
• Finalizing agreements, schedules, flights, transportation, lodging, and other logistics for contractors, working with team members to ensure accurate information is relayed and tracked.
• Working with producers, production agencies, and vendors to create daily run schedules for Festival coverage (written, video and photography creation).
• Interviewing, finalizing logistics, and scheduling the departments volunteers.
• Working alongside staff and volunteers while providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
• Working alongside the production agency and vendors to identify and oversee equipment rentals, deliveries, shipments, and office technical needs.
• Creating daily run schedules for Festival coverage (written, video, and photography creation) as directed.
• Managing the Media Production Office during the Festival to ensure the team has what they need and the office is organized.
• Completing a comprehensive Festival wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years field production management experience, agency liaison experience, or related.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to lift, carry, and push items up to 50 lbs.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Oversee the production and editing of about 40 videos for the Festival.
• Maintain positive relationships with vendors and talent.
• Build and maintain a successful workflow.
• Sustain a positive work environment.
In addition to a weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyojqq-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.