Seasonal Festival Associate Manager, Theater Operations
The Festival Associate Manager, Theater Operations is charged with driving the pre-Festival planning and implementation to ensure successful daily operations and positive audience experiences within assigned theaters.
Working closely under the direction of the Institute Manager, Production and Theater Operations and the Festival Manager, Theater Operations, the Associate Manager, Theater Operations supports Sundance Institutes commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Monday, October 18, 2021 through Friday, February 18, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. Additionally, this role may be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival and will be required to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays at key points to respond to on-call needs.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Updating and developing site plans, equipment needs, volunteer staffing, and sponsor activation for assigned theaters while developing and maintaining good rapport and providing timely communications with theater owners.
• Overseeing the setup and configuration of assigned theaters to meet Festival operational standards.
• Coordinating COVID-19 health safety operations implementation at theaters.
• Ensuring assigned theaters conduct on time screenings and optimize waitlist sales and seating to ensure excellent customer service.
• Coordinating all onsite film team hospitality and press line operations at theaters.
• Addressing any logistical, personnel, or audience issues at theaters immediately and escalating issues to the manager.
• Documenting theater configurations with photos and diagrams.
• Tracking pre- and post-inventory of all Theater Operations equipment and performing walkthroughs to ensure each theater is ready for their public opening and are returned to their original set-up after the Festival.
• Organizing, developing, and delivering training for volunteers at designated theaters.
• Providing ongoing and accurate information pre-Festival and during Festival to volunteers and timely responses to their inquiries.
• Training, providing supervision, creating schedules, and ensuring evaluations are completed for assigned volunteers.
• Supporting theater volunteer teams with the load-in and load-out of assigned theaters.
• Writing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid drivers license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years operational planning and implementation experience or related.
• Leadership skills including the ability to mitigate conflict and facilitate positive customer relations.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
• Experience facilitating training for large groups is preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work and the work of your team so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively manage and motivate volunteers you are leading and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Effectively use project management skills and strong organizational skills to keep yourself and the team accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to an hourly pay of $22.60, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejo77-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.