The Festival Video Lead, Digital is charged with supporting the recording of artist intros, pre-recorded Q&As and any other recordings that need to be captured prior to Festival. Festival Video Lead, Digital will also handle editing the recordings and delivering them to the LiveOps Support Lead for posting on the Festival site. The position will also be asked to support any live event recording and editing needs that we have scheduled during the Festival.
Working closely under the direction of the LiveOps Support Lead, the Festival Video Lead, Digital supports Sundance Institutes commitment to discover, support, and inspire independent film and media artists from the United States and around the world, and to introduce audiences to their new work.
This temporary position works a variable hour schedule from Monday, December 5, 2022 through Tuesday, January 31, 2023. Applicants must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines, as this role will not have consistent hours from week to week. The position will work an average of 20 hours per week leading up to the Festival and then anywhere from 20-40 total hours during the Festival (January 19-29). This is a fully remote position that does not require any onsite work duties. A total of two (2) roles are available.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Ensuring panels, Q&As, artist intros, are properly recorded using Zoom.
• Editing the recordings to include branding assets and to ensure the quality of the content in the recording is appropriate and ready for public viewing.
• Delivering final edited files to the LiveOps Support Lead for review and approval.
• Assisting with posting of approved video files to our content management system (CMS) as directed by the LiveOps Support Lead or the Director, Digital.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years of relevant experience in video editing or digital live event support.
• Ability to calmly troubleshoot technical issues in a live event environment, including camera, audio and network issues in a Zoom meeting
• Working knowledge of livestream technologies.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere and Photoshop.
• Experience working with Google Workspace including Drive, Docs, Spreadsheet and Slides.
• Experience managing a YouTube channel including trimming videos and managing subtitles.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Demonstrate a strong attention to detail in your work.
• Work efficiently and comfortably in a fast-moving environment.
• Effectively manage recording sessions and meet tight deadlines.
In addition to an hourly pay of $20.32, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1jqn-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.