Festival Associate Manager, Volunteer Resources
Sundance Film Festival
Park City, UT
Seasonal Festival UX Writer
The Festival UX Writer is charged with writing and editing clear and simple UX copy on the 2023 online Festival platform (festival.sundance.org) and related Festival marketing promotional assets. The UX writer will also work in the platform backend/Content Management System (CMS) to input copy and make regular updates to the website, ensuring all copy is proofread, updated, and clear for our audiences to understand.
Working closely under the direction of the Associate Director, Marketing, the Festival UX writer supports Sundance Institute’s commitment to rally our community in support of independent storytelling, as the Festival brings artists and audiences together for the premiere of groundbreaking work.
This full-time, temporary position works completely remote from Monday, July 11, 2022 through Tuesday, January 31, 2023. Extended hours, including mornings, evenings, and weekends will be required at key points.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Writing new UX copy for key Festival informational pages such as How to Fest pages, and online marketing assets such as automated and targeted emails.
• Interpreting the inner workings and complexity of the Festival logistics in order to return updated copy and formatting that clearly relays information to our audience on the platform (example: Ticketing page).
• Writing intro blurbs for pages on the Festival platform such as the Festival Program Guide schedule, Venues pages.
• Writing brief UX instructional copy as needed such as page headers and explanatory text.
• Inputting regular copy updates in the platform backend/CMS and Wordpress, in a timely fashion.
• Ensuring all copy on the platform is constantly proofread and updated.
• Supporting the project management of platform page updates, such as our homepage content calendar.
• Collaborating across the Institute to gather Festival updates and key information from various departments to inform platform copy and share with Festival audiences.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience in copywriting and editing content for print and online marketing assets.
• Demonstrated experience in writing succinct and clear copy for large scale events or complex procedures.
• Experience and comfort in understanding website UX.
• Ability to transform complex information into easy to understand copy for our general audience.
• Ability to collaborate across departments and meet deadlines.
• Ability to think creatively and analytically in order to offer recommendations based on UX copy best practices.
• Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and content management systems (CMS); Wordpress and Elementor preferred.
• Strong project management skills.
• Knowledge of HTML preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Write incredibly clear, accurate, and succinct copy that easily relays a large amount of information and reduces complexity for our general audience.
• Are able to easily and swiftly understand website UX and event procedures, and interpret stakeholder feedback, using your UX expertise to translate this into easy to understand information for our audiences.
• Meet tight deadlines, ask questions, obtain clarification in a process when needed, and stay flexible when unexpected challenges arise.
• Have an eye for accuracy and are comfortable making frequent website updates in the backend, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of a very key, public-facing product.
In addition to a weekly pay of $1038.46*, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
*Location and experience will be taken into consideration when making the final offer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xk3k-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.
The Sundance Film Festival is the ultimate gathering of original storytellers and audiences seeking new voices and fresh perspectives. Our annual program includes dramatic and documentary features and short films; series and episodic content; and New Frontier, showcasing emerging media in the form of multimedia installations, performances, and films.