The Festival Manager, Production Vendors is charged with managing production equipment vendors, related contracts, and delivery and installation of equipment during Sundance Institute events.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Onsite Technical Production, the Festival Manager, Production Vendors supports Sundance Institutes commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive event experience for all artists and patrons.
This temporary position works full time from Wednesday, October 19, 2022 through Friday, February 24, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, Utah office and will be expected to perform onsite work duties as of Thursday, December 1, 2022. Employees may start in a commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely from a state we currently legally operate in, until the required onsite work date listed above.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Implementing procedures and timelines for procuring and delivering rental equipment and communicating them to vendors.
• Negotiating rental equipment vendor contracts.
• Scheduling and conducting meetings with internal departments to plan for rental equipment load-in, load-out, etc, and ensuring constant communication and an open flow of information regarding equipment plans.
• Updating equipment orders and service dates in the overarching timeline and confirming orders and expenditures.
• Participating in servicing various department, event, and venue production needs as directed.
• Entering and maintaining all equipment information and updating the Vendor Equipment Request Form (VERF) in the department database.
• Scheduling and conducting trainings on preferred vendors, equipment use and safety, ordering procedures, deadlines, the database, etc., including scheduling vendors for specific trainings.
• With the Manager, Onsite Technical Production, planning venue access and departure dates.
• Serving as the point of contact for communication with Fire Marshal requests to vendors, as needed.
• Completing pre- and post-event inventory of rental equipment to ensure all items are received, functioning, damages are noted, and tracking disbursement and return.
• Overseeing the loading and unloading of venues while working with vendors to ensure site plan is executed and venue is returned to proper layout.
• Performing continual check-ins with venues to ensure equipment functionality and safety.
• Managing replacement or repair of defective, broken, or non-functional rental equipment.
• Scheduling and overseeing weather mat and linen replacement.
• Managing billing and reconciliation of invoices, including saving receipts, applying proper budget codes, acquiring signatures, and communicating outstanding invoice issues to the Manager.
• Meeting with colleagues from the Operation Department post-event to review the equipment order report and gather wrap information to compile into a comprehensive report post-event.
• Writing and mailing thank-yous and delivering them to vendors as directed.
• Updating procedures and processes to ensure accurate information for the current season.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid drivers license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years experience in managing large scale event production.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work and the work of the team so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Help to motivate and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Remain organized to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines.
• Successfully stay within the approved fiscal year budget for all areas of responsibility.
In addition to a weekly pay of $1,069.62, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9ebwz-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.