Festival Associate Manager, Events
Sundance Film Festival
Park City, UT
Seasonal Festival Manager, Online Screenings
The Festival Manager, Online Screenings is charged with overseeing all online screenings during the 2022 Sundance Film Festival (SFF22). This position will lead a team of seasonal employees to carry out both public and private online screenings. Working closely under the direction of the Digital Operations Lead, the Festival Manager, Online Screenings supports Sundance Institute’s commitment to support independent storytellers and advance the impact of their work in the world.
This temporary position works full time and remotely from Monday, December 13, 2021 through Friday, February 4, 2022 with flexible and extended hours. This position is required to work evenings, mornings, and weekends to meet shift needs and must have reliable, high-speed internet connection with at least 10 mbps download speed. A laptop computer will be provided for the duration of the seasonal employment dates.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Ensuring that every public and private screening that is scheduled has the appropriate staffing to deliver a successful screening experience for the audience.
• Developing, updating, and administering a training program to train all of the seasonal staff working on the online public and private screenings.
• Overseeing the training process and ensuring all team members are successfully trained, including the scheduling of mock run-through events that will provide practice opportunities for the seasonal staff.
• Working closely with the Digital Operations Lead to determine if any additional functionality is needed on the Festival Platforms to successfully deliver the screening experiences.
• Assisting the Digital Operations Lead in the process to input all film and waiting room content data into the Content Management System (CMS), and for Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure it is complete and accurate.
• Guiding the Online Screening Leads in the process to make sure our Run of Show (ROS) documentation is accurate and complete, including manual data entry and QA of data in the ROS documents.
• Overseeing the teams during the Festival when the screenings are happening, and providing troubleshooting if issues are encountered.
• Escalating issues appropriately if they are encountered during any online screening.
• Managing staff, including training highly qualified individuals, offering support and feedback to ensure employees understand and are effective in their roles, and delegating meaningful and appropriate work.
• Completing performance reviews for their team, including reviewing self-assessment information, providing feedback, and routing for final approval.
• Assisting the Digital Operations Lead with collecting and compiling wrap information from all online screening teams as needed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years project management, producing online events, or related experience.
• Leadership skills including the ability to manage a team to meet goals and deadlines.
• Strong project planning and problem solving abilities.
• Working knowledge of Zoom and YouTube systems.
• Ability to mitigate conflict and facilitate positive relations.
• Outstanding interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a suitable home work environment, free from noise and distractions.
• Previous work at home experience, including managing a remote team is a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Comfortably oversee multiple teams, planning their schedules, and ensuring they successfully complete their assignments.
• Develop and lead comprehensive staff training while utilizing your prior experience.
• Remain calm and collected when issues arise and problem-solve quickly to resolve them.
In addition to a weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpz03-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.
The Sundance Film Festival is the ultimate gathering of original storytellers and audiences seeking new voices and fresh perspectives. Our annual program includes dramatic and documentary features and short films; series and episodic content; and New Frontier, showcasing emerging media in the form of multimedia installations, performances, and films.