The Festival Manager, Media Accreditation is charged with managing administrative and logistical duties to process assigned accreditation of media, publicists, or crew to the Festival. This position may oversee several seasonal employees.
Working closely under the direction of Manager, Communications and Publicity, the work of Festival Manager, Media Accreditation supports Sundance Institutes commitment to artists and is part of furthering awareness, relevance, and impact of our mission.
This temporary position works full time from Wednesday, September 14, 2022 through Friday, February 10, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, Utah office and will be expected to perform onsite work duties as of Tuesday, January 17, 2023. Employees may start in a commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely from a state we currently legally operate in, until the required onsite work date listed above.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Maintaining accurate and complete information for all journalist and publicist accreditation applicants in the database.
• Working closely with Technology Services, maintaining the online press application and promptly documenting and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
• Processing accreditation applications, making recommendations, and leading application review meetings.
• Tracking, parsing, and reporting press corps demographic data for journalists and publicists.
• Submitting credential information and working closely with the Ticketing team to meet deadlines.
• Serving as the main point of contact for journalists and publicists regarding questions, concerns, and providing timely correspondence regarding their application status.
• Exporting and sharing latest versions of internal and external press list for stakeholders
• Distributing screening attendance data to publicists.
• Providing a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience in media relations, marketing, or related.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills, including self-management of work schedule.
Detail-oriented, with the ability to audit work to avoid mistakes and perform tasks accurately.
• Strong fluency and capability with Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products and of the media tracking platform Cision preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Successfully support the accreditation of the 2023 Sundance Film Festival press corps.
• Demonstrate an attentiveness to detail in your daily work.
• Effectively research media contacts and handle outreach to contacts.
• Demonstrate the ability to multitask and seamlessly manage priorities with strict time constraints.
• Productively manage team members from different locations.
• Exhibit the ability to be productive and work with minimal supervision.
• Effectively contribute to the overall success of the team through support and collaboration.
In addition to a weekly pay of $1,069.62, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzeqo2-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.