Seasonal Festival Manager, Logistics
The Festival Manager, Logistics is charged with managing Festival cell phones, radios, uniforms, and other incentives for distribution during Festival check-in. This position will have two direct reports to assist in facilitating Festival Logistics.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Onsite Technical Production, the Festival Manager, Logistics supports Sundance Institutes commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Wednesday, November 3, 2021 through Friday, February 18, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. Additionally this position may be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival and will be expected to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Managing equipment needs by reviewing vendor contracts to confirm delivery dates, return deadlines, and inventory numbers are accurate.
• Managing seasonal staff and volunteers, including selecting and training highly effective staff and volunteers, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees and volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
• Updating the Festival Logistics Database on a regular basis to maintain accurate records.
• Providing continual updates to internal stakeholders on equipment and corporate incentive inventory.
• Planning and coordinating receiving, distributing, tracking, and collecting logistic equipment (phones, radios, etc.) for the Festival.
• Scheduling and facilitating various radio training sessions for staff and volunteers.
• Serving as the main point of contact for radio and cell phone needs and helping to troubleshoot while providing a timely response to inquiries and issues.
• Assisting with billing, reconciling, and reimbursements for Festival cell phone accounts.
• Constructing and distributing the Sundance phone number directory Yellow Pages and the Special Theatre Operations (STOP) team directory Green Pages.
• Coordinating the programming of all Festival phone numbers into each Festival provided phone and testing for proper functioning.
• Planning, setting-up, and maintaining the Festival uniform room and managing its inventory by tracking and maintaining counts of all items being distributed.
• Scheduling and meeting with each department to review logistics needs for next years Festival and preparing a written report before the last day of employment.
• Providing a detailed wrap report of work completed, procedures, and operations of position.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid drivers license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years operational planning and implementation experience or related.
• Leadership skills with a background that includes managing people.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
• Knowledge of Park City and Salt Lake City is a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively manage and motivate those you are leading and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Effectively use project management tactics and strong organizational skills to keep the team accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to a weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x399-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.