The Festival Liaison acts as a Festival host for an assigned group of guests and artists who have been invited to participate in the official Sundance Film Festival program.
Working closely under the direction of the Director and Manager of Artist Relations and with the support of the Associate Manager you will support Sundance Institutes commitment to providing an excellent experience for our artists throughout the months leading up to the Festival, at the Festival itself (including both live and digital screenings and events), and post-Festival during wrap.
This temporary position works full time from Wednesday, November 2, 2022 through Friday, February 10, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, Utah office and will be expected to perform onsite work duties as of Monday, January 15, 2023. Employees may start in a commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely from a state we currently legally operate in, until the required onsite work date listed above. Lodging in Park City will be provided for onsite work during the Festival as determined by the team.
Top priorities include, but are not limited to...
• Initiating communication and a working relationship with assigned Festival guests and artists, after they have been invited by Festival programmers and Institute programs.
• Collecting, entering, and maintaining accurate guest and artist information in the Festival Post Acceptance Form (PAF) and Festival Program Guide (FPG) via the Festival Content Management System (CMS) and tracking documents.
• Coordinating all guest and artist benefits, which may include: screening tickets, artist packages, credentials, passes, stipends, booking travel, arranging lodging, coordinating ground transportation, and mailing Festival materials and items.
• Accurately tracking and maintaining assigned category budget.
• Gathering Festival guest and artist information for Festival publications and online site, and proofreading content before print and launch.
• Acting as Festival host for each guest and artist, including providing a Festival orientation, and being on call to ensure guests and artists have all the information and support they need before, during, and after the Festival.
• Sharing screening and event invitations and acting as host and facilitator at theaters or event venues in-person, on the phone, via Zoom, or on our online Festival platform.
• Providing assistance with all Artist Relations guests and providing support onsite wherever needed, in addition to guests in their assigned categories.
• Acting as operational team member, being available for all relevant meetings, screenings and events pertinent to Festival guests and artists, working closely with Festival Programming team, Operations team, Events team, Tech team, Advancement team and other Institute programs.
• Collaborating with and supervising all department volunteer(s) during the Festival.
• Writing a complete wrap report, that includes archiving relevant documents and information in the Festival database, department folders, and appropriate tracking documents.
• Coordinating thank you emails and post-Festival surveys for guests and artists, and finalizing any outstanding correspondence, and department accounting.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years experience coordinating guest and artist relations and services including, communication, travel, benefits, hosting and operational support, or related.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Zoom and Google Products preferred.
• Experience proofreading online and print content preferred.
• Proficiency in efficient and accurate digital communication tools preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Successfully manage all of the film/artist teams and invited guests within your assigned categories, providing them with accurate information, ensuring that they feel supported and have a clear understanding of expectations before, during and after the Festival.
• Meet all applicable deadlines, remain calm and organized, and look for ways to support your fellow liaisons, the department, and the Festival as a whole.
In addition to an hourly pay of $20.32, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpb4m9-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.