The Festival Graphic Designer, Advertising is charged with coordinating graphic design tasks, refining projects and drafts, and designing graphic materials of the highest quality across creative assets for all Sundance Institute programs, including print and digital media.
Working closely under the Creative Director, the Festival Graphic Designer, Advertising helps to produce graphic advertising assets across all print and digital platforms to promote ticket sales and the vision of the Sundance Film Festival.
This temporary position works full time from Monday, October 10, 2022 through Friday, January 13, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This is a fully remote position that does not require any onsite work duties.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Creating design work for the Sundance Film Festival.
• Creating media rich and appealing graphics for a variety of Marketing materials, with a focus on print and digital ads and social assets.
• Assisting with designing additional materials as requested.
• Partnering with the Accessibility team as needed to ensure design work meets accessibility standards.
• Creating designs adhering to department schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
• Providing graphic assets to outside vendors, partners, and outlets, on an as-needed basis.
• Collaborating with the various departments to determine and deliver on graphic needs.
• Organizing, filing, and archiving all artwork files.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years of experience in graphic design.
• Experience developing and executing advertising campaigns for brands required.
• Ability to quickly create a variety of initial design concepts and refine them into final designs.
• Proficient in Creative Suite CC, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Knowledgeable in printing production methods, fabrication, and installation.
• Creativity and versatility in graphic design work.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Animation or motion design skills are a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Work effectively with internal and external constituents to produce visuals.
• Remain organized, self-manage a work schedule, and meet deadlines.
• Communicate effectively, presenting your designs and understanding and incorporating feedback to refine the work.
• Demonstrate a strong foundation in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Problem-solve issues and work collaboratively to support the team.
In addition to an hourly pay of $24.17, this position comes with awesome benefits and perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm33mv-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.