Festival New Frontier Operations Support
Sundance Film Festival
Park City, UT
Seasonal Festival Digital Operations Manager, New Frontier
The Festival Digital Operations Manager, New Frontier is charged with providing support to the Manager, New Frontier and overseeing all volunteers and staff supporting New Frontier and its online platform. This position will also play a key role in facilitating administrative support to the New Frontier team.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, New Frontier, Festival Digital Operations Manager will support artists and guests in a digital space by troubleshooting issues that arise and ensuring adherence to the Community Agreement.
This position works remotely from home with the New Frontier programming team from Monday, November 29, 2021 through Tuesday, February 1, 2022. An ability to work flexible hours will be required which can include extended hours, evening, early morning, and weekends to meet shift needs including full day availability during the Film Festival. Reliable, high-speed internet connection with at least 10 mbps download speed. Must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. A laptop computer and VR equipment will be provided and will be required to be returned at the end of the seasonal employment dates.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Supporting the New Frontier Chief Curator with a full range of administrative duties, including maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings and calls, and setting up and organizing file structures.
• Assisting with the flow and accuracy of information related to New Frontier artists and their work.
• Building and updating tracking documents and tracking and organizing files and digital assets in shared drives.
• Ensuring all assets are delivered correctly and deadlines are met.
• Assisting with the New Frontier virtual platform’s Content Management System (CMS), ingesting new files into our system.
• Testing and Quality Assurance of CMS inputs and files on the New Frontier virtual platform.
• Updating program documents as assigned.
• Assisting program team needs in New Frontier Artists Spotlights planning and production.
• Serving as an expert on multiple artist projects and communicating messaging to patrons.
• Overseeing staff and volunteers, including training highly effective individuals, delegating appropriate and meaningful work while providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees understand responsibilities.
• Troubleshooting issues with the New Frontier platform.
• Overseeing the team that monitors social interactions and questions for attendees in the New Frontier platform and handling escalated issues.
• Compiling reports on any technical issues that occurred daily during shift, including steps taken to provide resolution.
• Enforcing Code of Conduct violations in “real time” to ensure they are appropriately handled.
• Escalating and notifying the Manager, New Frontier Public Programs of urgent issues during assigned shifts.
• Proactively sharing troubleshooting tips and effective workarounds with team members.
• Communicating and documenting inappropriate behavior, operational and staff issues to the Manager, New Frontier Public Programs.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report, as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years operational planning and implementation experience or related.
• Working knowledge of gaming and media streaming apps, i.e. Fortnite, Zoom, and YouTube.
• Strong internet connection with at least 10 mbps download speed.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to run multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to mitigate conflict and facilitate positive customer relations.
• Outstanding interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a suitable home work environment, free from noise or distractions.
• Experience working with Virtual Reality (VR) equipment preferred.
• Experience with WebXR environments preferred.
• Basic knowledge of audio/video equipment preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Provide technical support to New Frontier artists and their projects, researching new technologies and troubleshooting to resolve issues quickly.
• Ensure administrative support to the New Frontier team.
• Create a welcoming environment for coworkers, artists, audiences, and external constituents.
• Uphold and model positive, inclusive, and equitable Institute values at all times.
• Manage details while keeping sight of the big picture, successfully managing varied projects.
• Enjoy learning new things.
• Are comfortable with change, and with working in a fast-moving environment
In addition to a weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pqe0-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.
The Sundance Film Festival is the ultimate gathering of original storytellers and audiences seeking new voices and fresh perspectives. Our annual program includes dramatic and documentary features and short films; series and episodic content; and New Frontier, showcasing emerging media in the form of multimedia installations, performances, and films.