The Festival Coordinator, Social Media is charged with executing the Sundance Institutes social media strategy to increase engagement, visibility, participation, traffic, and program awareness.
Working closely under the direction of the Senior Manager, Social Media, the Festival Coordinator supports Sundance Institutes commitment to introducing the work of independent artists to new audiences by helping to spread the word about the Festival and increase engagement in the digital space.
This temporary position works full time from Monday, November 1, 2023 through Monday, January 29, 2024 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, Utah office and will be expected to perform onsite work duties as of Tuesday, January 16, 2024. Employees may start in a commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely from a state we currently legally operate in until the required onsite work date listed above. Lodging in Park City will be provided for onsite work during the Festival as determined by the team. A total of two (2) roles are available.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Concepting, creating, and executing high quality original content and caption copy daily for social media channels to drive increased engagement, participation, conversation, and audience growth.
• Filming video from phone, quickly editing, and writing copy to post on TikTok + Instagram Reels.
• Consistently deliver informative, inspirational, engaging, shareable posts that gain followers.
• Monitoring and tracking viral trends, memes, entertainment news, and current/cultural events to create timely, relevant social media content, and tactics.
• Developing strong visuals and powerful storytelling utilizing various graphics tools while adhering to our Festival brand guidelines.
• Working closely with the Marketing and Sponsorship teams to craft and deploy sponsored content and campaign, and working with talent and other strategic partners to amplify Festival messaging and ensure social media obligations are fulfilled.
• Assisting with the development and maintenance of social media calendars.
• Executing social media strategy for the Festival and the Sundance Institute during the Festival season.
• Ensuring a consistent voice in keeping with brand guidelines.
• Assisting the team with management and quality control for content submitted by employees, artists, third party providers, and sponsors.
• Monitoring social channels to ensure adherence to Codes of Conduct for social platforms and the Festival.
• Mining user generated content for possible sharing on our social channels.
• Attending events to capture video and photos, and posting live as assigned.
• Collaborating with various Festival departments to support and amplify their messaging.
• Assisting with customer support as needed and responding directly to customer inquiries.
• Working closely with the Creative Director and Design team to manage social media asset requests and creative feedback.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years experience creating and executing social media strategies across a variety of platforms and tools.
• Experience publishing on all major social channels, measuring and reporting with analytics software, monitoring with social listening software, and creating social media promo kits.
• Experience with paid content promotion.
• Demonstrated ability to create and publish engaging content.
• Strong interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Excellent copywriting skills.
• Proficient in Canva and Photoshop.
• Mobile phone photography and video skills.
• Experience with live event coverage.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Demonstrate creativity, and resourcefulness in your work and help to foster an online community through social media.
• Showcase a familiarity with the Sundance Film Festival including past film titles/film in your work.
• Remain organized in your approaches and demonstrate passion about the arts and storytelling in the work you create.
• Help create content that values a diversity of voice.
• Grow our online following by developing meaningful, lasting social media connections with independent film fans, aspiring, emerging, and established artists, press and industry, and other supporters of the Institute, Festival, and the storytelling community at large.
• Identify non-sponsor ambush brand activity, and look for other opportunities to increase our presence.
In addition to an hourly pay of $20.32, this position is eligible for benefits & perks, highlights include:
• Paid sick leave and Institute holidays
• Employee assistance program
• Employee Wellness Initiatives
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy1xx-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.