Seasonal Festival Coordinator, Operations
The Festival Coordinator, Operations is charged with assisting in the operational planning, implementation, and management of the Festival Production Operations department. This includes supporting Venues, Theater Operations, Health Safety Operations, Production, Technical Exhibitions, Transportation, and Logistics.
Working closely under the direction of the Senior Manager, Production Operations and the Manager, Production and Theater Operations, the Festival Coordinator, Operations position supports Sundance Institutes commitment to fulfilling a successful and positive in person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time, temporary position works full time out of our Park City, Utah office from Monday, November 15, 2021, through Friday, February 11, 2022, with some opportunities to work from home. This role will be expected to work extended hours, including mornings, evenings, and weekends leading up to the 2022 Festival.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Coordinating the set-up, teardown schedule of all locations.
• Verifying the completion of all ordered equipment, furniture needs, and signage.
• Working on Monday.com to update timelines for all departments.
• Reviewing the department timeline from the 2020 Festival and comparing it to the 2022 Festival and document changes.
• Planning and communicating operational and logistical needs with internal and stakeholders to have theaters, venues, transportation shuttle stops and event spaces up and running by set deadlines.
• Updating drawings and spreadsheets including maps, diagrams, equipment needs, and timelines.
• Scheduling meetings with internal departments to review and update the needs for their functions.
• Inventorying items and equipment pre-, mid-, and post-event.
• Gathering and verifying signage inventory from Venues and TOPS.
• Updating volunteer training materials and ensuring it reflects information for the 2022 Festival.
• Assisting the Health and Safety manager in building COVID training.
• Providing daily operational support to the Venue Managers as needed to ensure successful operations.
• Assisting the Manager with building volunteer training packets and directing on-site volunteers.
• Updating artists and internal departments about their schedules.
• Assisting vendors and movers with equipment and furniture deliveries and pickups as necessary.
• Writing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid drivers license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years experience in venue or event operations or related.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Help to rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Remain organized to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to an hourly pay of $19.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1y3o-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.