Festival Associate Manager, Events
Sundance Film Festival
Park City, UT
Seasonal Festival Coordinator, Digital New Frontier Technology Services
The Festival Coordinator, Digital New Frontier Technology Services will provide remote technical support to our Customer Service Department and customers, with a focus on New Frontier. New Frontier exhibits the work of independent artists and creative technologists innovating the art and form of story at the convergence of diverse forms of creative expression. The ideal candidate will have experience troubleshooting issues with Virtual Reality (VR) or Augmented Reality files and headsets, and in technical customer support.
Working closely under the direction of the Digital Operations Lead, the Coordinator, Digital New Frontier Technology Services will troubleshoot Tier two issues and questions specific to systems and software, providing quick response and resolution.
This temporary, full-time position will work remotely from January 10, 2021 to February 4, 2021. The Festival Coordinator, New Frontier Technology Services will be required to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends to meet shift needs. Applicants will need a reliable, high-speed home internet connection with at least 10 mbps download speed. A laptop computer will be provided and will be required to be returned at the end of the seasonal employment dates.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Assisting patrons in troubleshooting and resolving Tier two platform, login, and Virtual Reality headset issues.
• Answering and resolving customer questions specific to their online accounts, technical streaming, OS/browser compatibility, and settings including bandwidth and device configuration.
• Organizing and appropriately tagging incoming customer support tickets.
• Monitoring assigned incoming live-chats and supporting customer service tickets while tracking issues in the customer service log.
• Escalating and notifying the Digital Operations Lead of urgent issues during assigned live events.
• Proactively sharing troubleshooting tips and effective workarounds with team members.
• Ensuring accurate information is recorded and updated to customer accounts including, cancellations or transfers, customer information, and communication history.
• Ensuring updates to products and procedures are communicated in a timely manner to all internal stakeholders.
• Communicating and documenting inappropriate behavior to the Digital Operations Lead.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report, as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Previous experience working from home required.
• Experience troubleshooting issues with Virtual Reality or Augmented Reality files and headsets such as Oculus, Oculus Quest, and HTC Vive.
• 6-12 months of technical customer support experience.
• Working knowledge of Customer Support software, preferably Zendesk.
• Ability to mitigate conflict and facilitate positive customer relations.
• Working knowledge of media streaming devices.
• Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a suitable home work environment, free from noise and distractions.
• Proficiency in Google Suite preferred.
• Experience in customer support for a video streaming service preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Enjoy working with VR technology and helping Festival attendees get the most out of their VR hardware and software.
• Maintain a positive attitude at all times when working with Festival attendees.
• Have excellent follow through on commitments you make to Festival attendees and colleagues.
In addition to an hourly pay of $19.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81y8q-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.
The Sundance Film Festival is the ultimate gathering of original storytellers and audiences seeking new voices and fresh perspectives. Our annual program includes dramatic and documentary features and short films; series and episodic content; and New Frontier, showcasing emerging media in the form of multimedia installations, performances, and films.