The Festival Associate Manager, Event Logistics is charged with the planning and execution of Sundance Institutes premier opening night event during the Sundance Film Festival, as well as supporting the Events Department with other key responsibilities and events as assigned.
Working closely under the Associate Director, Events, the Festival Associate Manager, Event Logistics supports Sundance Institutes commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive event experience for all attendees.
This temporary position works full time from Wednesday September 7, 2022 through Friday, February 10, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, UT office location in order to work onsite in a hybrid capacity throughout its employment.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Managing operational and logistical needs in collaboration with Associate Director, Events and the external event agency throughout event planning and execution, including working on logistics for opening night to ensure that all internal deadlines, needs, and budget are met.
• Coordinating site visits and meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
• Managing onsite direction and coordination including volunteers, assigned employees, food and beverage, vendors, etc.
• Training, supervising, creating schedules, and ensuring evaluations are complete for assigned department volunteers as directed.
• Managing the Sundance expense budget tracker against projected and actual budgets; supporting the Associate Manager, Event Guest Relations with processing and tracking department budget and expenses as requested.
• Collaborating closely with and maintaining consistent communication with the Associate Manager, Event Guest Relations to ensure revenue and expenses are on track.
• Collaborating closely with the Associate Manager, Event Guest Relations, external event agency, and Marketing team to ensure all event-related marketing materials are created, reviewed, and produced.
• Working with Institute departments, external talent agency, and external event agency on artist invitations as needed; arranging flights, transportation, and lodging.
• Developing and executing event programs including run of shows, program remarks, etc in collaboration with Associate Director, Events and Sundance leadership.
• Maintaining a positive rapport, providing timely communications, and addressing feedback or any issues with vendors.
• Documenting all aspects of the event in detail including photos, banquet event order (BEO), evaluation sheets, layout, process, correspondences, issues, etc.
• Supporting communication and material needs for Event Chairs, Board of Trustees, and event sponsor(s) as needed.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report.
• Supporting departmental projects including operational planning, data collection, digital folder organization, Institute wide calendar updates, etc
• Obtaining necessary permits for events, equipment rental orders, production assistance needs, signage orders, security needs, and evacuation plans while overseeing that all equipment and furniture are ordered, delivered, and returned by set deadlines.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience planning and executing events.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Working knowledge of Gmail, Google Drive (including Google Docs and Google Sheets and Google Calendar).
• Working knowledge of databases is preferred.
• Experience in large scale event production and working with donors and board members preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Jump in quickly to support the team, are proactive, and show initiative.
• Adapt to changing and developing circumstances and processes.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively within the Events and Partnerships teams as well as with other departments.
In addition to an hourly pay of $24.17*, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5mm1-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.