Los Angeles, CA
Our Brand and Editorial Writer brings to life the Sundance Brand to engage our audiences, artists, and constituents and introduces, or reintroduces, them to the mission and programs of the Sundance Institute. Through this engagement the goal is to invoke curiosity and excitement so they want to know more.
Working under the Associate Editorial Director (AED), the Brand and Editorial Writer is a critical member of the Marketing and Communications team who ensures the Institute’s brand is upheld through writing, editing and publishing compelling, engaging and action oriented content. Because our Brand and Editorial Writer has strong communication, organization and copy editing skills in addition to the AED, they also partner with the Creative Director and Chief Communications Officer in ongoing conversations to build a thoughtful and original strategy across multilevel and multi-targeted content for print and online channels.
This full-time position works out of our Los Angeles, CA office with regular opportunities to work from home. Extended hours including evenings and weekends will be required at key points throughout the year. Occasional travel to Institute offices and events may also be required.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Partnering with the Associate Editorial Director to develop, draft, and publish compelling and original copy for all Institute programs and marketing campaigns.
• Crafting copy based on marketing and communication strategies across the site, organic social, email, and additional materials from catalogs and white papers to key notes.
• Researching, developing, and executing compelling editorial content for the Institute and Festival online publications.
• Creating high-quality content with tight deadlines
• Providing ongoing creative insights, input, and development of original content across digital and printed platforms.
• Meticulously copyediting and proofreading of all copy for accuracy and style and to ensure consistent message, tone, and information are being applied, and the brand is being upheld.
• Ensuring consistent use of Sundance style, branding, and messaging requirements.
• Collaborating with designers, video, and social teams for content and brand alignment.
• Reviewing content across sundance.org to refresh, update, and correct as needed.
• Contributing to developing and executing Sundance’s editorial plans and calendar.
• Utilizing wordpress to prepare and publish content and staying abreast of existing and new functions of the content management system (CMS) to ensure efficiency, train others, and ensure it’s providing the necessary support.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 4 years experience in copywriting and editing content for print and online publications.
• Demonstrated experience creating innovative content and effective email campaigns.
• Ability to collaborate across departments and lead a team to meet goals.
• Ability to think creatively and analytically in order to offer recommendations based on trends and data.
• Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and content management systems (CMS), wordpress preferred.
• Strong project management skills.
• Knowledge of HTML preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Collaborate successfully across departments to meet goals and execute the editorial calendar.
• Provide creative insights and recommendations without being asked.
• Are an ambitious individual and manage assigned projects to meet deadlines.
• Successfully solve or work around editorial issues that arise and remain flexible.
• Move effortlessly between long form and short form writing styles — including speeches and remarks, headlines and search engine optimization (SEO) content, on screen messaging and signage.
• Effectively manage staff and vendors, and contractors.
In addition to an annual salary of $62,400.00*, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Mission driven workplace and amazing co-workers
*Experience will be taken into consideration when making the final offer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xqp4-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.
The Sundance Film Festival is the ultimate gathering of original storytellers and audiences seeking new voices and fresh perspectives. Our annual program includes dramatic and documentary features and short films; series and episodic content; and New Frontier, showcasing emerging media in the form of multimedia installations, performances, and films.