Summary of Position
The VP, Media Planning & Strategy is responsible for leading the development of comprehensive media strategies for STARZ that drive awareness and buzz as well as revenue across DTC, digital and affiliate partners.
• Work collaboratively with other Marketing teams to establish an overall media strategy for STARZ originals
• Manage media budgets, including media mix recommendations on a quarterly basis
• Lead strategies for the development of media plans that are disruptive and include creative, first-to-market executions.
• Manage and lead external media agencies to develop plans that build buzz and awareness that deliver on viewership and acquisition KPIs
• Work closely with agencies and internal research team at Starz to develop data driven media campaigns against campaign objectives, including tracking budgets, savings, make-goods and credits
• Demonstrate practical knowledge and deep understanding of all integrated media channel planning (Video, Audio, Outdoor, Print, Social, and Digital, including direct and programmatic/biddable media)
• Partner with other Starz disciplines (research, programming, affiliate sales) to ensure media strategies that are congruent with overall business objectives.
• Ensure all campaigns, marketing efforts, and critical consumer communications are executed effectively and key learnings are quantifiable.
• Assist with the development of an annual budget and go-to market strategies
• Consult on show briefs and go-to-market decks outlining content strategies
• Lead paid media campaign strategy with our wholesale partners (Amazon, Hulu, Roku, YT Primetime Channels, etc). This includes consulting on budgets, creative and title allocations
• Strong understanding of syndicated tools and research including iSpot, Kantar, AdViews, Nielsen, etc.
Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum of 10+ years of solid experience in the field of media (agency and/or client side)
• Minimum of 5+ years supervisory experience
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or equivalent field required
• An experienced, highly strategic marketer who has relevant industry experience within television, entertainment, Cable/Satellite
• Extensive knowledge of digital creative and digital marketing best practices
• Experience within the Entertainment/Tune-In vertical
• Strong digital experience with a deep understanding of how to use data and insights to inform the media planning process
• Thorough knowledge and expertise in different types of media
• Strong negotiator and have proven track record in managing the financial and contractual flow of multi-million dollar media campaigns
• Must be competitive-minded and strive to generate winning strategies that contribute to the success of STARZ
• Possess a high level of strategic skill sets as well as have proven experience in building and managing multi-tactical media plans across multiple international territories
• Ability to exhibit strong and extensive knowledge of all types of media and related stewardship to ensure media investments are both cost-efficient and target-effective
• Ability to create, review, and provide feedback/direction on creative assets for video, digital and out of home media
• Must be able to work collaboratively with other members of the Strategic Marketing Group and the broader Marketing, Sales and Product teams
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet tight deadlines
• Candidate must be open to travel as needed
• Ability to make clear and concise oral and written presentations to all levels of the organization and to a variety of audiences
• Strong work ethic, integrity and good business acumen
• Strong interpersonal communications skills (written and presentation) will be required to work across a highly matrixed internal team and across external agencies.
• Entertainment and Streaming experience preferred
• Understanding of upper and lower funnel (acquisition-focused) media strategies preferred
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, 11 holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Reimbursement – Rideshare Program and Tuition (up to graduate degree)
$190,000 - $240,000
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n70e-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.