Summary of Position
The VP of Client Engineering will join the technology leadership team and report directly to the EVP of Technology.
Overseeing a highly functional team of 50+ developers, the VP of Client Engineering will be responsible for all aspects of front end software development for STARZ products. Successful candidates will have extensive experience leading software development organizations and partnering with internal and external stakeholders to deliver quality software. The role spans all customer facing products and experiences including: mobile applications, web experiences, smart tv and set-top box platforms. Qualified candidates will possess a strong technical background, a track record of delivering high quality software and a passion for STARZ products, services and customers.
• Overall responsibility for the creation and delivery of front-end software for all of STARZ products (mobile, web, smart tv and set top box)
• Leads all technical planning, strategy and execution of efforts in the creation of customer experiences
• Partners with Product, Engineering, Dev Ops, Intake & Delivery organizations to ensure effective scoping, timing and quality commitments while following the SDLC process
• Partners with the User Experience organization to ensure products are usable, elegant and industry leading
• Has hands on leadership experience working within multiple technology stacks including mobile (iOS/Android), web (HTML5/related technologies), video streaming and analytics platforms
• Handles all development needs, from tactical to strategic projects
• Works with the project managers to ensure that all individual projects are appropriately supported and fully completed on time
• Ensures proper software development life cycle is deployed in the correct way for all projects
• Handles all team development needs: training, resource management, reallocation of staff, right sizing the team for the needs of the business, etc
• Motivates teams through communication and awareness of project needs and business impacts
• Creates and maintains front-end architecture, 3rd party software and quality road maps for each product and related technology stack
• Fundamental understanding of recurring subscription ecosystem both domestic and international
• Develops effective partnerships with corporate functional groups (marketing, care, IT, product development, etc)
Qualifications & Skills
• Experience delivering customer facing software applications
• Experience leading teams of software developers and software development managers
• A proven track record in managing development within a variety of technology stacks
• Good working knowledge of development strategies, project management and business and technical consultancy.
• Ability to adapt, learn and continue to expand in Cable and IP product and system knowledge.
• Previous success in management of peer groups, to achieve team objectives
• Ability to balance conflicting resource demands and internal pressures with focus towards our business priorities
• Proven track record for strong problem resolution techniques, ability to find solutions.
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written, for internal and external customers a must
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and electronically
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to develop, communicate and implement strategies and tactics
• Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
• Ability to supervise and motivate others
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; relevant Master's degree preferred, but not required
Related Work Experience
• 5 years minimum leading a software organization at the Director level or higher
• 5 years minimum experience in a customer facing products/services environment
• 5 years minimum as a contributing member of a software or engineering organization
• 10 years minimum experience in managing complex projects
• 10 years minimum working within an application development environment
• 15 years minimum working with technology in a contributing or leadership capacity
• Office environment
• Travel may be required
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$185,900 - $246,200
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8385-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.