Summary of Position
Manage small to medium sized projects (in terms of change, risk, visibility or financial components) within the organization. Under minimal supervision, demonstrates skills in project management to define, plan, organize, track and monitor, and oversee a multitude of projects to meet defined requirements or business specifications. Functions performed include scope & change management, team management, business analysis, communications, risk/issue management, quality management and interpersonal relations to manage project(s) which are often cross-functional in nature.
• Ability to manage an assortment of small, medium, & large software development projects successfully according to the expectations of key stakeholders. Trusted to manage Executive or C-level stakeholder relationships
• Resolves / fulfills risks and dependencies identified for each project
• Create Communication Plans & ensures timely / relevant communications
• Help stakeholders navigate through the PMO's project intake process
• Manage project status within the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
• Builds trusted relationships with peers & team members. Works to keep that trust & gain trust of those that may not be like-minded
• Suggest refinements to solutions suggested by others where appropriate. Adapts to change quickly
• Makes thoughtful decisions after weighing facts & opinions and accepts responsibility for those decisions
Qualifications & Skills
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Business or related field preferred
• Minimum of 5-6+ years' experience as a Project Manager
• Proven team leadership experience and leading diverse teams
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized
• Excellent written and oral communications with ability to plan and facilitate effective meetings. Adjusts style of communications and content according to their audience
• Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadlines and pressure
• Excellent presentation skills and experience in presenting to senior leadership
• Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Visio, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project/PPM Applications
Nice to Haves
• Technical media experience preferred, preferably with media management software implementation
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$106,400 - $125,000
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oe60-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.