About Our UX Team
The UI/UX team is comprised of designers passionate about design innovation and creating the best experience possible for our customers. We work closely with the product and development teams to design a customer-centric experience across all the STARZ video streaming apps, including web, mobile and TV. Our team works on all features that affect the user's experience in our streaming apps, from streamlining subscription purchases to creating features that encourage customers to explore our library and get excited about our content.
Projects are tag teamed by a UX designer and a UI designer, who work closely with the product owner and UX research. We are a team that values collaboration and leaving the ego at the door.
• You have strong problem-solving skills that allow you to design solutions that fulfill both the business and customer needs and fit seamlessly into the greater app experience.
• You like to break down projects and look at them from various angles and contexts to understand the product strategy to inform the solution.
• You must have strong communications skills and the ability to discuss design choices and reasoning effectively. D
• You're open to other perspectives but can push back when needed, contributing at the strategic level rather than focusing only on execution.
• You are motivated to take ownership of your projects, juggle multiple priorities, and effectively prioritize your work to keep all projects on schedule.
• Evaluate existing user experiences and identify areas for improvement.
• Make strategic design and user-experience recommendations related to core, and new, functions and features based on user research and design best practices.
• Work collaboratively with UI designers and UX Research to design a cohesive UX experience across a diverse collection of devices and platforms.
• Create and deliver detailed UX resources including flows, wireframes, and written requirements.
• Evaluate the assumptions and goals of features to create and facilitate appropriate testing plans, e.g. determining KPIs, benchmark testing and usability tests.
• 5+ years of user experience design in mobile, web, and/or 10 ft (i.e. Roku) applications
• A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
• Experience to create wireframes, site maps and user flows
• Experience writing detailed requirements and design specs for development
• Proven skills in presenting design proposals
• Experience with planning and conducting UX workshops preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$95,400 - $122,400
Lionsgate will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwx1p-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.