Sr. UI Designer
Summary of Position
Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions in the general ledger.
• Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
• Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
• Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
• Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements
• Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors
• Ensures that internal controls over accounting processes are adhered to and documented
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 2+ years of work related experience in accounting
• Experience with ERP systems and other financial reporting tools
• Accuracy in daily work and other projects with thoroughness and attention to detail
• Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
• General math skills and ability to analyze data
• Ability to identify and research accounting issues
• Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint software applications with advanced knowledge of Excel
Nice to Haves
• Experience with SAP ECC and BPC (Excel-based reporting system) preferred
• Experience with International VAT invoicing preferred
• Contract management
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$64,000 - $81,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7mq7-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.