Sr. Software Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer (Remote OK)
Summary of Position
The STARZ Data Products & Engineering team is seeking a data engineer who's passionate about drawing a thin line from data to insight and exposing that insight to internal users to support important business decisions. You'll be building data pipelines, crafting our data processing framework, and helping us to integrate disparate signals into a clear picture of where the organization is at and where we can go. We're building out a system of experimentation so teams can use that picture to form hypotheses, test them, and easily see the results.
From rendered reports sent via Slack for easy mobile consumption to Google sheets integrations to allow for flexible reporting for end users, you'll be working across our entire technology stack to find places where we can use data to improve our business. Our users range from extremely technical (providing us with models to run, and wanting tables or files in return) to less technical (providing inputs via a UI or spreadsheet and expecting results displayed in-line or in a report). This is an opportunity to exercise your technical skills with a highly skilled team from a variety of diverse backgrounds while helping every aspect of our business to be more efficient and more data-driven.
Full-time remote candidates will be considered.
• Develop, test and maintain optimal data processing pipelines and related architectures, ensuring the overall solution will support business requirements
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using cloud-native technologies
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
• Develop and implement processes for data modeling, mining and production
• Continue to build out our data processing framework, and expand it to support less and less technical users
• Migrate legacy data pipelines to our data processing framework
• Employ a variety of languages, tools and techniques to marry systems and the data generated from those systems together to maximize the strategic value of the data
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, retention, behavior and other key business performance metrics
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our products
• Recommend and implement ways to improve/ensure data reliability, efficiency, and quality
• Employ sophisticated analytics, statistical methods and machine learning to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling
• Explore and examine data to find hidden patterns
• Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Discover opportunities for new data acquisition
• Be prepared to translate findings to key stakeholders
• Work in a heavily collaborative environment, taking on a variety of roles when necessary with a positive attitude
Qualifications & Skills
• 4+ years working directly as a member of a technical team, preferably developing/supporting/innovating for a consumer-facing analytics product
• BS degree in information management, computer science, math, statistics, or equivalent technical field
• Languages: C#, SQL
• Database Systems: Snowflake, DynamoDB, RedShift, BigQuery, SQL Server
• Orchestration: AWS EC2/ECS/Lambda/Step Functions/S3, Docker, CDK
• Full lifecycle software development
Nice to Haves
• Python, Google Cloud Platform, ETL tooling (AWS Glue or Matillion), EMR
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$109,000 - $140,700
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3n54-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.