Sr. Software Engineer
Summary of Position
The primary role of the Senior Application Engineer will be to assist with the operational performance of our consumer facing applications, our data, and recommendations services, content management tools, authentication services, video pipeline and data warehouse operations. Key duties include supporting application functions including, but not limited to our homegrown Admin/Scheduling/Programming tools, user account/authentication management, and analysis of new service requirements, video playback performance and content availability/accuracy. The Senior Application Engineer will work closely with software developers, cloud engineers, services QA and front-end client development and QA teams. This role supports multiple video streaming products (domestically and internationally) as well as a myriad of device/web platforms and our Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Support Development, QA and Production services and data warehouse environments, including required configurations.
• Resolve non-code issues; escalate as required to Development/DBA/Cloud Engineering Teams.
• Debug/triage application issues including log parsing and troubleshooting across multiple components on behalf of business users and developers/QA.
• Develop and monitor reports/alerts/dashboards.
• Manage Software Development/QA Agile processes (Run stand-ups, Code Deployments, Backlog Grooming Assistance/Prioritization, User & Process Documentation)
• Subject matter expert for our client applications, backend services and data warehouse.
• Solicit, critically analyze and document technical business and system requirements for our content management system, recommender and metadata services etc.; including user acceptance criteria.
• Work with stakeholders in the video production and distribution pipeline to assure content availability for On Line, On Demand and Promotional video services.
• Mentor non-senior Application Engineers.
• Flexibility to work extended hours / weekends when needed.
Qualifications & Skills
• Strong experience with RDBMS systems and concepts; Experience with SQL, MySQL
• Strong comprehension of API's, Web Services, SOAP, REST
• First hand use of development tools including JIRA, Bamboo, SoapUI, Postman
• Experience with cloud environment/technologies (AWS S3, Lambdas, EBS)
• Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills which will be used to diagnose, debug and solve issues
• Ability and willingness to self-motivate and prioritize in what may be a chaotic environment at times, all with a positive, team player attitude
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Haves
• Experience with logging/network traffic tools such as Splunk, New Relic
• Experience with Data warehouse platforms, Snowflake, ETL
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$122,400 – 149,300
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ez0q-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.