Summary of Position
The Senior Software Developer in Test works as a project team member to jointly deliver high quality applications on time and budget. This role is responsible for writing and executing both manual and automated tests. This individual will work with customers to comprehend functionality and subsequently generate re-usable functional and regression test suites within the web, service, and API spaces. This individual will perform tasks that will include test planning, manual testing, test automation, test environment setup/teardown, defect logging and verification and overall maintenance of automation software and test cases. This position may be responsible for testing multiple projects at one time, in various different stages of the projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Write, execute, and maintain both manual and automated tests within the web services and API space
• Write, execute, and maintain automated tests for web clients
• Participate in requirements gathering and definition, based on product knowledge and end user
• Collaborate with system analysts, project management, and development teams to create a comprehensive set of automated tests
• Automate testing of external partner software
• Performance, load, and stress testing of services and applications
• Work closely with the development team to test systems for defects using Scrum, Kanban and other Agile/Lean methodologies
• Perform data analysis, testing and validation using data-driven testing methodologies to create reproducible tests that leverage source to target validation
• Create documentation of test coverages and environment configurations
• Support test writers with framework updates and logic additions
• Perform ad hoc and exploratory testing beyond pre-existing test cases and user stories
• Understand and utilize elevated risk-based testing approaches
• Author user guides, demo, and provide training to end users if necessary
• Provide daily operational support for production application systems, while providing some off-hour support coverage for critical business needs
• Train peers on automation concepts and tools
• Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies in unique, high value-add role
Qualifications & Skills
• 4 or more years of UI/Services testing frameworks like Cypress, webdriverIO, Postman, ReadyAPI or equivalent
• Ability to code testing scenarios, build automated test cases and debug existing unit tests and code
• Test development experience with MS Test, Nunit, scripting or similar tools
• Strong knowledge of web protocols like HTTP and RESTful web architecture.
• Strong knowledge of relational databases, xml, and json data structures
• Understanding of industry specific technologies like authentication, streaming video, and DRM
• Practical knowledge of SQL scripting and stored procedures
• Strong understanding of enterprise software and Service Oriented Architecture, Web Development, and software development technologies
• Ability to create testing scenarios, develop automated test cases and debug existing code
• Strong knowledge of testing/development concepts such Continuous Integration and Deployment
• Strong skills in data and process analysis
• Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to self-prioritize when needed to further the departments goals
• Experience in Agile / Scrum project development
• Outstanding communication skills – with ability to follow written and oral instructions in a highly dynamic environment
• Passion for learning, quality, and engineering excellence with proven track record for delivering quality software on-time
• Experience with Agile development environments, specifically Scrum and Kanban
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and Zephyr preferred
• Media and Entertainment experience preferred
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company, is a leading global media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ® service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. In 2018, STARZ launched its international premium streaming platform STARZPLAY, now LIONSGATE+, to provide subscribers access to bold, curated storytelling. LIONSGATE+, coupled with the STARZPLAY ARABIA joint venture in MENA and Lionsgate Play in South and Southeast Asia, has a footprint that extends across the globe. STARZ and LIONSGATE+ are available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies around the world. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7,500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$109,000 – $172,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0006e-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.