Summary of Position
The primary role of the Senior Software Developer will be to design and build cutting edge user experiences for our consumer facing WebTV applications. The Senior Software Developer will work closely with product owners, UX designers, front end and back end developers to help build the next generation consumer video streaming platform.
• Build ''best in class'' content discovery and video streaming experiences for STARZ subscribers on various streaming platforms
• Participate in code reviews with staff as necessary to ensure a high quality, performant product
• Collaborate with the broader Digital Platforms team including the leadership team, quality assurance professionals, designers, business analysts and other software engineers in an open, creative environment
• Be a subject matter expert in STARZ web applications and related service APIs
• Contribute to all aspects of the software creation process:
• Software architecture and design
• Object-oriented development
• Unit testing/test-driven development
• Integration testing
• Post-deployment production support and troubleshooting
Qualifications & Skills
• 5+ years' experience in an enterprise or consumer software development environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred
• Expert level programming skills creating applications using frameworks such as Angular, React, Node.js
• Experience developing consumer facing user interfaces and supporting UI controls/components.
• Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills which will be used to diagnose, debug and solve issues
• Strong knowledge of cloud-based web architectures (in Amazon, Google, or Azure)
• Ability to write clean, readable, maintainable code
• Any experience with Lightning framework is a plus
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company, is a leading global media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ® service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. In 2018, STARZ launched its international premium streaming platform STARZPLAY, now LIONSGATE+, to provide subscribers access to bold, curated storytelling. LIONSGATE+, coupled with the STARZPLAY ARABIA joint venture in MENA and Lionsgate Play in South and Southeast Asia, has a footprint that extends across the globe. STARZ and LIONSGATE+ are available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies around the world. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7,500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$109,000 - $172,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbje5y-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.