Summary of Position
You will be a member of the Starz Content Distribution Technology team. This team is responsible for design, implementation and support of Starz broadcast linear channel origination, monitoring, and delivery solutions. This role will provide technical support and guidance while utilizing best practices in development and management of Starz broadcast linear infrastructure.
• Maintain Starz linear services broadcasted to affiliates at a 99.999% reliability rate
• Identify, develop, gather and document requirements for implementation, and deploy tools supporting content distribution over Evertz Overture and MAGNUM, CommScope, and Harmonic VOS system infrastructure solutions and present technology vision to management
• Perform technical support for critical/on-air production systems. Ability to back-up or assist other support groups and clients for non-critical systems and IT/PC gear, including installation, problem correction, removal/replacement, or other tasks as necessary to ensure continuation of customer work productivity and/or on-air transmission.
• Participate on technology design, installation, and integration projects with complex, leading-edge technology in an increasingly broadcast IP and IT centric environment. This includes broadcast and server-based systems, data networking (e.g., routers, switches) and other comparable equipment.
• Support the design of Starz linear services and monitoring infrastructure and operation of terrestrial delivery, fiber circuits, and cloud dedicated connections
• Subject to working rotating shifts, weekends and holidays on a rotational basis as a part of normal shift scheduling
Qualifications & Skills
• Experience with linear broadcast television distribution requirements
• Working knowledge and understanding of complex media systems and workflows encompassing file ingest, transcoding, and delivery of content to affiliates
• Working knowledge of satellite signal distribution, digital cable architecture, satellite encoders & receivers, conditional access systems, Dolby Digital 5.1, Cable Labs on-demand specifications, cable on-demand systems and implementation, content management systems (CMS), broadband compression (MPEG, AVC, HEVC, etc.), DRM and content protection technologies, interactive television systems, user interface guides, and navigation applications, IPTV distribution
• Experience in content distribution of services to affiliates over fiber, satellite, telco, internet, point to point circuits, streaming, MPEG2, MPEG4, HEVC, HLS, ATM, ATSC, and other formats
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, multicast, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers, and VPC's
• A strong baseline IT and data networking knowledge is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure of video/audio content distribution over multicast and unicast networks. Knowledge of Cloud Computing & Virtual Private Cloud is a plus
• Working knowledge of AWS Cloud architecture and/or working in Linux and Windows Server environments
• Experience with satellite KA/KU/C-band uplinks system, Optical/HFC design including RF/optical combining/splitting infrastructure, DOCSIS, and PON technologies
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Nice to Haves
• Working knowledge with AWS EC2, S3, Auto-scaling groups, CloudFront, Route53, Lambda
• Working knowledge using enterprise logging applications (Splunk)
• Working knowledge using Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat, Amazon Linux, and CentOS)
• Working knowledge of Cisco and/or Juniper networks management, configuration, and troubleshooting
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$122,400 - $149,300
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3km6q-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.