Summary of Position
As a member of the Starz DevOps team, the Sr. Cloud Security Engineer will focus on AWS Cloud Security best practices around implementation and management of the Starz enterprise cloud infrastructure.
To be considered, you must have experience with securing Production workloads running on AWS cloud using IaC methodology, scripting skills, and automated build pipelines, as well as possess knowledge on AWS Best Practices and AWS Well-Architected framework. You should hold AWS Security Specialty Certificate, or be able to achieve one within 6 months of employment.
• Design, architect and implement cloud infrastructure per AWS Well-Architected framework with Security in mind and SecDevOps mentality
• Provide guidance to developers and other technical stakeholders on AWS Security and educate members on their responsibility around Security
• Document systems architecture, configuration & deployment plans with Security aspects in mind
• Construct and maintain SecDevOps CI/CD Pipelines using Terraform, Bamboo, Jenkins, and/or AWS Code Pipeline tooling
• Be efficient in scripting languages and capable of writing gluing code for cloud automations
• Establish, document and follow security practices for applications running in the Cloud
• Direct junior team members activities, evaluating risk and participating in code reviews while mentoring on both AWS Services and Security
• Fine tune Security alerts and respond to Security incidents
• Troubleshoot production issues and perform on-call duties for a variety of AWS implementations
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems,
• or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years' experience in AWS Cloud architecture.
• 7+ years' experience of experience working in Linux and Windows environments
• Must have deep knowledge on AWS IAM & KMS services
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers and VPC's
• Experience with AWS EC2, S3, Beanstalk, CloudFront, Route53, Lambda.
• Experience scripting one or more of the following Python, Typescript, PowerShell, PHP, or NodeJS
• Familiar with SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) processes
• Experience with centralizing, querying, and setting up alerts based off AWS CloudTrail, AWS Config, and VPC Flow Logs
• Experience with IDS & IPS tools
• Experience using enterprise logging applications (Splunk)
• Experience with Container services (Docker)
• Experience with high availability architectures (AWS Multi-AZ/Multi-region)Experience with build automation and server orchestration (i.e. Bamboo, Terraform, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cloud Formation)
• Strong knowledge of recent Windows Server versions
• Strong knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat, Amazon Linux and CentOS)
• Experience working with agile development methodology.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Be able to openly collaborate and communicate in a cross functional organization.
• Ability to mentor junior members of the team
• Self-motivated, able to self-prioritize, and able to deal with ambiguity.
Nice to Haves
• Experience coding in one or more of the following languages Python, TypeScript, Java, .NET, GO
• AWS API Gateway, ECS Fargate, Kubernetes
• Experience with AWS Security Hub
• Experience with Amazon Athena, GuardDuty, TrustedAdvisor, Inspector, Macie, Detective, WAF, AWS Advanced Shield, and AWS Network Firewall services
• Experience with AWS Landing Zone or Control Tower
• AWS Security Specialty certified
• AWS Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer certification
• Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
• CRISC, CISA, CDPSE, or related certifications
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company, is a leading global media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ® service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. In 2018, STARZ launched its international premium streaming platform STARZPLAY, now LIONSGATE+, to provide subscribers access to bold, curated storytelling. LIONSGATE+, coupled with the STARZPLAY ARABIA joint venture in MENA and Lionsgate Play in South and Southeast Asia, has a footprint that extends across the globe. STARZ and LIONSGATE+ are available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies around the world. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7,500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, 11 holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Reimbursement – Rideshare Program and Tuition (up to graduate degree)
$109,000 - $172,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2yq65-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.