Summary of Position
As a member of the Starz DevOps team, the Sr. Cloud Engineer will focus on Cloud Engineering best practices around implementation and management of the Starz enterprise cloud infrastructure. To be considered, you must have experience with automating build pipelines, workload migrations, security and compliance per AWS Well-Architected framework, as well as TCP/IP networking and VPC
• Design, architect and implement cloud infrastructure per AWS Well-Architected framework
• Provide guidance to developers and other technical stakeholders on AWS Services use and implementations
• Document systems architecture, configuration & deployment plans
• Construct and maintain CI/CD Pipelines using Terraform, Bamboo and Jenkins
• Establish, document and follow security practices for applications running in the Cloud
• Direct junior team members activities, evaluating risk and participating in code reviews while mentoring on both AWS Services and Starz operations
• Troubleshoot production issues and perform on-call duties for a variety of AWS implementations
• Participate in on-call rotation for applications running 24x7x365
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems,
• or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years' experience in AWS Cloud architecture.
• 7+ years' experience of experience working in Linux and Windows environments
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers and VPC's
• Experience with AWS EC2, S3, Beanstalk, CloudFront, Route53, Lambda.
• Experience scripting one or more of the following Python, Powershell, PHP and NodeJS
• Experience building zero downtime deployments (Green/Blue)
• Experience with Container services (Docker)
• Experience with high availability architectures (AWS Multi-AZ/Multi-region)
• Experience with build automation and server orchestration (i.e. Bamboo, Terraform, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cloud Formation)
• Experience using enterprise logging applications (Splunk)
• Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2
• Strong knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat, Amazon Linux and CentOS)
• Experience working with agile development methodology.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Be able to openly collaborate and communicate in a cross functional organization.
• Ability to mentor junior members of the team
• Self-motivated, able to self-prioritize, and able to deal with ambiguity.
• Experience coding in one or more of the following languages C#, Java, .NET, GO
• AWS API Gateway, ECS Fargate, Kubernetes
• AWS Certified Developer, Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer preferred
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company, is a leading global media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ® service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. In 2018, STARZ launched its international premium streaming platform STARZPLAY, now LIONSGATE+, to provide subscribers access to bold, curated storytelling. LIONSGATE+, coupled with the STARZPLAY ARABIA joint venture in MENA and Lionsgate Play in South and Southeast Asia, has a footprint that extends across the globe. STARZ and LIONSGATE+ are available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies around the world. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7,500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, 11 holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Reimbursement – Rideshare Program and Tuition (up to graduate degree)
$109,000 – $172,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d80zpx-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.