Summary of Position
We are currently seeking a Sr. Business Analyst for our newly created Internal Tools team within the STARZ UX team. This position will work with Product Designers, Product Owners and Development teams to create a cohesive vision for this Product and design and deliver an elegant and intuitive experience for our users. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. The candidate will also have a desire to be part of creating a new team and collaboratively defining ways of working and processes. The most important factors in identifying our ideal candidate will be their documentation and facilitation abilities. This position will focus on system integration analysis and design, working closely with customers, functional teams, application developers, respective users, and internal business leaders on defining and documenting various applications and system processes. The ideal candidate will have a passion for taking complex interconnected systems and breaking them down into intuitive process flows and clear and concise requirements. This position will report to and work closely with the UX Manager of Internal Tools.
• Evaluate existing systems and identify areas for improvement.
• Work alongside the UX Research team to create and facilitate appropriate testing plans and perform analysis. e.g. determining KPI's for Business Cases and outline benchmark testing and user testing criteria.
• Make strategic recommendations related to core, and new functions and features.
• Work collaboratively with business users, executives, developers, and testers to:
• Facilitate requirements gathering sessions,
• Document business processes flows and requirements,
• Oversee the implementation of new systems and improvements to existing systems.
• Work alongside a UX/UI Product Designer to deliver feature requirements packages containing process flows, feature requirements, and a cohesive UI design.
Qualifications & Skills
• A bachelor's degree in business or related field or an MBA.
• 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis or related field.
• Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
• Experience leading and developing top-performing teams.
• Experience creating process flows and writing detailed requirements
• The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
• A track record of following through on commitments.
• A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
Nice to Haves
• Strong working knowledge of Confluence, Asana, JIRA, Lucidchart and Miro.
• Experience working with Audio/Video components
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$95,400 - $122,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo033-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.