Summary of Position
The Sr Business Analyst is responsible for building and refining the delivery team's backlog, writing user stories, maintaining release plans and collaborating with cross functional partners in the planning, prioritization and implementation development initiatives. Contributes to the ongoing delivery of multi-platform technology initiatives, high-impact business goals and substantive process improvements.
• Creates and maintains the backlog of product priorities and ongoing initiatives that support business and technology goals by translating epics and features into user stories with well-defined requirements, dependencies and acceptance criteria.
• Leads requirements gathering and definition, based on product knowledge, UIUX collaboration and end user interaction.
• Organizes and sequences delivery of the product backlog according to business values, priorities and ROI.
• Conveys the vision and goals at the beginning of every sprint and release.
• Inspects and adapts the product backlog each sprint and adjusts course based on product and customer needs.
• Collaborates with cross-platform partners in the planning, prioritization and implementation of development initiatives.
• Organizes user stories, epics and features into release plans that can be delivered with confidence while accomplishing business goals.
• Ensures that the products or features to be released meet product requirements and quality standards.
• Communicates status to the broader organization by acting as a reliable voice of the team to stakeholders that are vested in the team's product delivery.
• Actively participates and collaborates with team members and across STARZ for the achievement of business goals.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent training and experience. Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of experience managing medium to large projects with both a business and a technology focus.
• 7+ years of experience leading product delivery and release cycles.
• 7+ years of experience with Agile software development environments.
• Experience organizing work within Jira and related Atlassian tools.
• Experience with mobile device product development with Apple devices preferred.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to address time sensitive demands on a continuous basis.
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to establish a deep understanding of the product, project scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
• Media and Entertainment experience preferred.
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company, is a leading global media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ® service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. In 2018, STARZ launched its international premium streaming platform STARZPLAY, now LIONSGATE+, to provide subscribers access to bold, curated storytelling. LIONSGATE+, coupled with the STARZPLAY ARABIA joint venture in MENA and Lionsgate Play in South and Southeast Asia, has a footprint that extends across the globe. STARZ and LIONSGATE+ are available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies around the world. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7,500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$73,100 - $111,900
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwj87k-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.