Summary of Position
The STARZ Data Products & Engineering team is seeking an experienced, methodical, and detail-oriented business analyst to work with multiple internal stakeholders and external partners to collect and distill knowledge and requests into working technical requirements that can be implemented by the engineering teams. This role will be key to understanding the documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges.
You'll be responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks. Responsibilities will include conducting internal user research, working directly with stakeholders to gather business requirements, defining product requirements and building out concise and complete user stories. You'll be a part of the entire product lifecycle, creating solutions to allow data scientists, engineers, designers, marketers, and other PMs to use the resulting data and tools to improve their daily decision making.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Facilitate conversations with stakeholders, conduct user research, assess opportunities and generate requirements for data initiatives
• Translate requirements between data scientists, engineers, designers, marketers, and other PMs
• Manage relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results
• Work closely with engineering teams to ensure they have all the information needed to deliver
• Work with stakeholders to scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
• Provide systematic and dependable follow up, as well as a high level of organization and preparedness
• 10+ years experience in technical teams, preferably developing/supporting/innovating for a consumer-facing analytics products
• BS degree in business or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience in data science, or data products strongly preferred
Required Knowledge & Experience
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Seasoned in understanding and facilitating cross-team communication
• Adaptable and able to work in fast-paced business environments with constantly shifting priorities
• Strong track record of working within sophisticated data technology teams that enable organizations to be more data driven
• Excel at juggling multiple projects, staying organized and prioritizing deadlines
• Comfortable in a data-driven business environment and able to pivot readily based on real-time data
• Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
• Experience with GDPR, CCPA, and other regulations and how they impact data preferred
Key Internal Relationships
Internal departments (Insight and Analytics, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Lionsgate, programming, scheduling, Digital Platforms, Media Systems, Pantaya) and External partners (offshore development teams, Amazon, Google, Apple, Recurly, etc).
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$95,400 - $122,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vqj4-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.