Summary of Position
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of test plans and automation for new and existing software systems and applications.
• Define testing strategy and approach for validating new or enhanced functionality
• Determine test dependencies including QA test environment, QA tools, build and deployment plans, intra-team dependencies
• Execute smoke, functional, integration, test scripts as part of product delivery lifecycle. This involves both Manual and automation testing.
• Contribute to the design and architecture of new or re-engineered Automation frameworks
• Communicate with developers and end users to ensure that test cases are accurate, comprehensive, and documented correctly
• Build and maintain automated and reusable test frameworks for both frontend and backend.
• Review and write test automation code for both front end and back end.
• Develop and execute manual test cases to detect issues that cannot be detected through automation.
Qualifications & Skills
• 5 years of Overall testing experience
• At least 3 years' experience of test automation tools such as Cypress, RestSharp, Selenium, Postman or equivalent.
• Ability to create testing scenarios, write test cases, develop automated test cases and debug existing code
• Test development experience with MS Test, Nunit, scripting or similar tools
• Strong knowledge of web standards such as HTML, CSS, XPath.
• Strong knowledge of relational databases, xml, and json data structures
• Practical knowledge of SQL scripting and stored procedures
• Ability to work both independently and within a close team environment
• Ability to apply agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience collaborating in reviews of work with others as appropriate
• Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Passion for learning, quality, and engineering excellence with proven track record for delivering quality software on-time
• Experience with Agile development environments, specifically Scrum and Kanban
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and Zephyr preferred.
• Media and Entertainment experience preferred
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company, is a leading global media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ® service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. In 2018, STARZ launched its international premium streaming platform STARZPLAY, now LIONSGATE+, to provide subscribers access to bold, curated storytelling. LIONSGATE+, coupled with the STARZPLAY ARABIA joint venture in MENA and Lionsgate Play in South and Southeast Asia, has a footprint that extends across the globe. STARZ and LIONSGATE+ are available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies around the world. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7,500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$95,400 – $149,300
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d925m7-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.