Summary of Position
The Coordinator, Production Finance is responsible for handling day-to-day production finance tasks. The Coordinator is self-motivated, disciplined, high organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Support Production Finance team to help resolve show level production accounting issues and corporate payment issues
• Facilitate ATL payments
• Confirm successful accounting closure on assigned projects
• Manage all SAP interfaces and reconciliation process
• Review and administrate company policy and procedures
• Participate in weekly production meetings to better understand current projects and offer financial process assistance when necessary
• Review corporate paid cost through SAP
• Review cash flows and cash funding requests
• Assistant team with routing of budgets and approved overage forms for proper approval
• Ledger/Payment analysis and budget comparisons
• Improve and automate process
• Update and maintain tracking documents
• Support and prepare ad hoc special projects, financial analysis, and reporting
Qualifications & Skills
• 2+ years of experience at a studio, or independent production company with knowledge of supporting financial or production executives or as a freelance assistant production accountant
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications, including great Excel skills
• Very strong written communication skills and experience in facilitating and presenting analyses
• Possess intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Bachelors, preferably in accounting or finance with strong academic performance
• High proficiency in Excel; must be able to run advanced formulas and analysis
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roexkp-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.