Senior UI / UX Designer
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Provide creative guidance in the development and selection of compelling photography for Starz originals episodic, behind-the-scenes, PR and marketing imagery. The right candidate will have strong experience in entertainment photography and will leverage that to provide day-to-day creative management for the STARZ photo team.
• Evaluating, selecting and organizing Starz originals episodic, behind-the-scenes and gallery imagery for marketing and publicity use
• Guides conversation on best imagery to use for each deliverable and request – including but not limited to: press, marketing, social, starz.com, affiliates, international, trade, creative assets and talent review
• Supports Photo Director in managing workload and contractors
• Craft workflows to best manage production and postproduction logistics
• Anticipates needs of business partners and collaborates to provide the best visual assets
• Working with the digital assets management team to help them maintain transparency and organization across all projects (including spoilers, exclusives, etc.)
• Sourcing unit photographers for future productions, both domestic and international
• Suggests key art and gallery photographers to marketing
• Giving creative and technical direction to on-set photographers
• Maintaining set photography budget and schedules
• Reviewing one-line schedules and sending memos to production, photographers and internal teams
• Read scripts and review originals programming to keep up with storylines and check for consistency
• Review retouching for quality and continuity
• Work with legal and digital assets management to maintain knowledge of rights, clearances, and talent approvals
• Auditing final cuts to screen for deleted scenes
Qualifications & Skills
• Creative eye with a passion for visual communication
• 4 + years photo editing experience with a knowledge of editing a high volume of stills for marketing & publicity use
• Bachelor's degree in photography, visual arts, digital media or related field preferred
• Experience giving creative and technical direction to photographers
• Strong organization skills with a keen eye for detail
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Bridge, Lightroom, Photoshop and Acrobat
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel
• Ability to work independently to meet deadlines for time-sensitive projects while managing existing duties
• Expertise in entertainment and unit photographers
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k4oz-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.