Summary of Position
The Manager, Publicity is responsible for implementing program publicity campaigns for STARZ original series, both scripted and documentary programming. This role requires a strategic thinker with creative, out-of-the-box ideas, strong public relations skills and solid press relationships. The Manager must be a self-starter and work effectively across various departments such as marketing, programming and social media; have strong written, verbal and organizational skills; take a solutions-oriented approach; exercise good judgment; adapt quickly under pressure; and excel at talent relations.
• Identify and successfully pitch programming to media, including long leads, dailies, weeklies and online publications; as well as secure electronic bookings; respond to media requests timely for information and interviews
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with members of the press (broadcast, radio, print, online, blogs, trades, etc.)
• Coordinate media opportunities and assist in the media training of talent for interviews, speaking opportunities and panels
• Write press releases, bios, media alerts, episode descriptions and talking points, while also pulling creative assets such as photography and clips for the best press material product
• Support VP and Directors of Publicity at events, including red carpets, screenings, premieres, TCA, Comic Con, etc.
• Assist with budget management for all initiatives including talent travel expenses, glam, press kit development, etc.
• Create PR campaign launch and wrap reports and decks for STARZ Original Series reflecting all press coverage
• Liaise with production, affiliates, marketing, and digital/social teams, maintaining the flow of information across the various teams. Must possess the willingness to collaborate across groups
• Work with show leads to identify Festivals (Sundance, TIFF, SXSW, Tribeca etc.) and other panel opportunities as it pertains to assigned series
• Work with Unit Publicist to ensure all PR and marketing materials are seamlessly produced across production and talent
• Manage relationships with outside public relations agencies and consultants
• Serve as the liaison between talent, producers and their representation on assigned series
• Manage the daily press clips process, prioritizing by importance
• Assist coordinators as needed on talent travel, glam and car bookings
• Create, maintain, and update media lists
• Assist with awards submissions and FYC campaigns for assigned series
• Travel to and represent STARZ at various events
Qualifications & Skills
• 5+ years of entertainment experience in public relations, preferably at a television network or streamer
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
• Understanding of the media as well as the ability to build and maintain connections with key journalists
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to meet tight deadlines and effectively prioritize
• Must be able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills are essential, as is an ability to speak and think clearly and creatively and generate new ideas on a regular basis
• Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
• Demonstrated ability to work well on a team
• Brings to the role a passion for entertainment, television, pop culture and journalism.
• Able to adapt quickly to new and challenging situations
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
$75,810 - $93,083
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3nqeq-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.