New York, NY
Summary of Position
Starz is seeking a Manager, Promotions & Offers Analytics to support subscription offers related initiatives across the domestic and international OTT business. The Manager will be responsible for the reporting and analysis of subscription offers and promotional offer strategies, including developing tables and data fields within a Snowflake database environment; developing reports in Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint; providing actionable insights, and supporting senior level team members in developing impactful strategies. The Manager will be based in the Starz New York City offices and report to an Executive Director on the Insights & Analytics team.
• Develop standardized reporting and measurement of subscription offers needed to monitor performance and inform strategic initiatives
• Drive development of analytical tables and streamlined processes required in offer-related reporting and analyses
• Partner with product, distribution, and finance in understanding and evaluating promotional offer strategies
• Evaluate the impact of subscription offers on acquisition, engagement, and retention through well-grounded analysis
• Provide data-driven clear, actionable recommendations and insights to stakeholders with a focus on enhancing subscription lifetime value
• Partner with the testing manager in designing robust experiments (e.g. A/B, MVT, Test/Control) to identify optimal subscription offers
• Respond to a wide variety of ad hoc requests from internal stakeholders
Qualifications & Skills
• 5+ years of professional experience in an analytics role
• Demonstrated proficiency in SQL through a SQL test, 3+ years of professional hands-on experience
• High degree of proficiency with business intelligence tools (preferably Tableau), 2+ years of professional experience
• Comfortable working with stakeholders in different departments across the organization, utilizing collaboration skills
• Solid familiarity with database models, experience working with unstructured data, and experience loading large datasets into databases
• Skilled at transforming raw data into actionable columnar datasets
• Knowledgeable about (at least some of) Python, Snowflake, AWS/S3, SageMaker, R
• Knowledgeable in statistics and/or machine learning
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including explaining the business implications of data analysis/reports and developing data visualizations
• College degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Computer Science, or similar
About the Company
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g320qq-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.