Summary of Position
The Manager, Media Strategy and Planning is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of domestic paid media plans for Starz Entertainment (STE), specifically ensuring that all plans meet the objectives of the marketing initiatives and are executed in an efficient and timely manner. This individual will be the lead when it comes to performing regular maintenance on all paid media campaigns. They will need to possess experience in managing multi-tactical media plans across all media channels (TV, Digital, OOH, Print, Audio). This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted position that requires organization, communication, and creativity at a high level.
• Assist in the development of media and promotion strategies for Originals Programming, Corporate Branding, Affiliate, and Trade initiatives.
• Work closely with external media buying agency(s) to ensure the media buys are efficiently executed.
• Partner with other Starz disciplines (Marketing, PR, Digital Marketing, Direct Response, Research, and Affiliate) to maintain departmental presentations and status reports for all media campaigns.
• Represent Starz in the development and maintenance of numerous media vendor relationships in order to provide support to both vendors and agencies in producing effective media executions.
• Partial project management needs that oversee the creative communication and documentation of media executions.
• Track the financial and contractual flow of media investments. Manage agency performance against campaign objectives, including tracking budgets, savings, make-goods, and credits.
• Track data for key learnings and the development of creative recommendations.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or equivalent field.
• Minimum of 3+ years of solid experience in the field of media (agency and/or client side).
• Preferred experience in media planning and buying in the areas of TV, Digital, OOH, Print, and Audio.
• Experience in the streaming, cable, and/or entertainment industry a plus.
• Strong knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel (formulas, links, charts and graphs).
• Highly organized and strong interpersonal communications skills (written and presentation) will be required.
• Must have a strong work ethic, integrity, and good business acumen.
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d820nx-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.