Summary of Position
The Manager, Marketing Insights is a leader who will serve as a change agent in the company, guiding the company in our aggressive expansion efforts.
In the role, you will have an extremely versatile skillset, be highly collaborative, and work cross-functionally to help the Insights & Analytics team provide actionable insights to the marketing team. The role is highly visible and includes senior management stakeholders within the marketing, product, distribution, and development departments.
• Support senior leadership to ensure all marketing related business goals are met
• Provide marketing team with deep and actionable audience, creative, and marketing platform insights
• Conduct audience research to identify key behavioral, demographic and attitudinal traits to inform the development and targeting of future marketing campaigns
• Partner with direct response and media buying agencies to define and implement campaign measurement of integrated marketing campaigns, including TV, OOH, Digital and Social Media
• Work closely with agencies to identify opportunities for campaign optimization to ensure every marketing dollar is spent as efficiently as possible
• Develop and maintain holistic campaign dashboards to identify key drivers of performance and inform future campaign activity
• Provide leadership on performance marketing design strategies, including the formulation of robust test & learn strategies to drive specific learning agendas
• Knowledge of marketing mix modelling and/or multi-touch attribution desirable
• Manage Sr. Analyst, Marketing Insights
Qualifications & Skills
• BA/BS and equivalent work experience. Strong preference for a degree in a technical field such as Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Economics.
• 7+ years in marketing analytics including the measurement and evaluation of off-line and online marketing campaign tactics
• Strong understanding of basic statistical concepts, such as descriptive and inferential statistics, hypothesis testing, sample size calculations, correlations and A/B testing
• 5+ years working with data visualization tools with a strong preference for experience with Tableau
• Strong understanding of data structures, query language, and methodologies for maximizing the value of datasets
• Strong communications skills, including the abilities to distill and relay data and insights to a variety of audiences, including senior executives
• Deep understanding of optimization processes (e.g. A/B testing) and experimental design (e.g. identifying the variables, treatment structures, etc.)
• Ability to multitask and work on multiple ongoing projects, with minimal oversight, support, and defined process
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Statistical model building/machine learning experience a significant plus
• Experience in the television industry a significant plus
• Limited travel to NY
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw5p3-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.