Interactive Designer, Domestic
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
The Manager, Media Strategy and Planning is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of international paid media plans for STARZPLAY, specifically ensuring that all plans meet the objectives of the marketing initiatives and are executed in an efficient and timely manner. This individual will be the lead when it comes to performing regular maintenance on all paid media campaigns. They will need to possess experience in managing multi-tactical media plans across all media channels (TV, Digital, OOH, Print, Audio, Social). This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted position that requires organization, communication, and creativity at a high level.
• Assist in the development of media and promotion strategies for brand and program-specific campaigns in multiple international territories.
• Work closely with the internal media team and the external media buying agency(s) to ensure the media buys are efficiently executed.
• Partner with other international marketing departments (Brand, Data & Insights, Social, etc) to enhance media planning development, assist in tracking plan progress, and building post-campaign reporting.
• Represent Starz in the development and maintenance of numerous media vendor relationships in order to provide support to both vendors and agencies in producing effective media executions.
• Partial project management needs that oversee the creative communication and documentation of media executions.
• Track the financial and contractual flow of media investments. Manage agency performance against campaign objectives, including tracking budgets, savings, make-goods, and credits. Work with media agency of record to ensure timely payment of invoices.
• Ability to interpret and monitor campaign performance data for key learnings and the development of future media and creative recommendations. Development of historical benchmarks and KPI norms to be sued for future planning estimates.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or equivalent field.
• Minimum of 3+ years of solid experience in the field of media (agency and/or client side).
• Preferred experience in media planning and buying in the areas of TV, Digital, OOH, Print, Audio, and/or Social.
• Strong knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel (formulas, links, charts and graphs).
• Highly organized and strong interpersonal communications skills (written and presentation) will be required.
• Must have a strong work ethic, integrity, and good business acumen.
• Experience in the streaming, cable, and/or entertainment industry a plus.
• Experience with ad serving or digital ad ops a plus.
• Previous international business experience a plus.
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv50ww-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.