Manager, Pricing Analytics
New York, NY
Summary of Position
The STARZ Insights & Analytics team is looking for a highly motivated Manager of International Consumer Planning & Insights to represent the voice of the consumer within the organization. The role will act as a consultant to the marketing team, lead research initiatives, and provide actionable insights and strategic recommendations in support of consumer marketing and branding initiatives.
The ideal person for the role has a passion for understanding consumers and their motivations and a strong understanding of market research techniques with hands on experience leading primary research projects and experience in connecting the dots between data and consumer insights to inform brand and marketing strategies.
The role will have regular interactions with senior management stakeholders within marketing, PR, product, development and affiliate. Excellent verbal and written communication skills is expected.
• Provide support to brand and marketing initiatives, including but not limited to:
• Overall brand health and positioning and how the brand relates to the competition
• The consumer's path to purchase, including the barriers and drivers of engagement
• Consumers' experiences with the brand and the category
• Competitive strategies and uncovering white space opportunities
• Relevant cultural and social trends that impact the industry
• Evaluate and contribute to channel and tactical plans to ensure that the strategic intent of the positioning is achieved
• Partner with cross-functional teams to define business questions and transform them into meaningful research plans that will provide actionable insights to the organization
• Oversee the implantation and execution of qualitative and quantitative research projects
• Partner closely with other members of insights & analytics department to integrate qualitative and quantitative learning to create holistic understanding of the consumer and how they engage with our brand and the category as a whole
• Synthesize learnings and present actionable and contextually relevant insights to organizational stakeholders
• Build and maintain a portfolio, and manage budget for, third party agencies, subscription, and syndicated research services
Qualifications & Skills
• 5+ years of relevant experience, with a passion for understanding consumers and their behavior. International experience is preferred.
• College degree required, emphasis in market research, psychology or social sciences, business, communications preferred
• Strong understanding of, and experience with, a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and study designs
• Experience establishing research objectives, identifying appropriate methodologies, writing surveys, and analyzing results based on business and research objectives
• Hands on expertise managing and conducting the entire research process from research framing, questionnaire design, vendor selection and management, to distilling raw data into actionable insights and adapting for multiple stakeholders
• Experience in understanding consumers and research with respect to the TV and streaming landscape strongly preferred
• Excellent reporting and analysis skills including the ability to distill raw data into actionable insights, and create clear, concise and actionable reports with the ability to make strategic recommendations based on business needs
• A great storyteller with the ability to digest complex data sets and crystallize the key narrative threads and insight opportunities
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, quickly changing and growing environment without sacrificing quality
• Strong project management, organizational skills to ensure the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience working with senior executive management
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Experience working for a marketing research agency, brand strategy consultancy, advertising agency, or client-side experience in a market insights/analytics function a plus
• Occasional travel to Los Angeles
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezvx0-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.