Summary of Position
The STARZ Data Products & Engineering team is seeking a technical, data-driven, detail-oriented manager to support a team that is focused on creating data products and data enablement solutions. You'll help build and lead the development of new pipelines and data processing frameworks with the renovation of our entire data warehouse, and driving initiatives to optimize and expand our use of data throughout the organization.
You'll work with engineering teams to design solutions, implement the stories, and approve the completed work. You'll be a part of the entire product lifecycle, building out solutions to allow data scientists, engineers, designers, marketers, and other PMs to use data and the tools you envision to improve their daily decision making.
• Lead and mentor a team of made up of both STARZ employees and third-party contractors, all working together on data products
• Ensure operational excellence and sustainability by focusing on systems and best practices for data modeling, ETL, data warehousing, governance, and data product creation
• Oversee the modernization of a large SQL Server warehouse to an S3-based data lake and Snowflake query layer
• Work to ensure the timely and predictable delivery of data products
• Oversee the internal QA efforts on the data systems and products to ensure high quality
• On an on-going basis, monitor the data systems to ensure they are functioning as intended. Establish automated monitoring and runbooks
• Troubleshoot systems and delivery issues with development, product, operations, and technology teams
• Collaborate with other teams, including Business Intelligence, Insights and Acquisition, Programming, Marketing, as well as product and project management to ensure understanding and delivery and of key priorities
• Work with the Starz leadership team to set architecture, priorities, policies, and procedures
Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum 10 years' experience building mission-critical systems. Strong focus on scalable data collection and distribution systems.
• Strong understanding of SQL Server, AWS, and cloud-scale data systems
• Prior experience as a technical team lead or manager preferred
Required Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must have a strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Must be a team player, collaborative, proactive and flexible
• Must have a strong work ethic, integrity, and good business acumen
• Possible occasional after hours or weekend support situations
Key Internal Relationships
Internal departments (Insight and Analytics, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Lionsgate, programming, scheduling, Digital Platforms, Media Systems) and External partners (offshore development teams, Amazon, Google, Apple, Recurly, etc).
Will oversee a team of six full-time data product engineers and QA, and a small contingent of offshore engineers.
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$140,700 - $172,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx32vq-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.