Manager, International Partner Operations
Summary of Position
The Image Operations Specialist is responsible for acquiring and updating existing digital libraries to support scheduled programmatic distribution and content promotion for Starz and StarzPlay branded services and affiliate partners, including direct to consumer and over the top platforms, Starz.com, linear/non-linear services, and multi-language media and marketing channels.
• Support the Image Operations Manager in the collection of static marketing content of movies and shows licensed for Starz programming, including image stills, poster art, marketing images and logos. Perform digital imaging duties as needed to process and standardize the source assets into more reusable formats for domestic and international distribution and marketing efforts.
• Monitor new licensed movie/series deals; order and track progress of requests using existing task management tools and standard processes. Download content from licensor-supplied media sites or link, or directly communicate with studio licensors as needed.
• Ingest well in advance of required programming and promotional fulfillment dates and maintain a high level of delivery accuracy and quality assurance. Organize and process into existing digital asset management systems.
• Work cross-functionally to validate title art content across requisite components, include video and localized and domestic metadata.
• Prioritize and fulfill internal requests for additional supportive content to enhance the library's offerings. Provide additional customer and team support as needed.
• Effectively utilize and support various digital asset management systems, image-editing software and metadata tagging tools to drive image workflows. Participate in continued streamlining of processes and optimizing large volume automation.
• Cross-train on other photo operational processes and provide supplemental support as needed, including unit photography cataloging and ingestion.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree preferred; minimum of 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education/experience. Previous background in the entertainment industry, or conventional/digital photography background a plus, with emphasis on quality customer service.
• Proficiency in using creative tools such as Adobe Bridge and Adobe Photoshop, including intermediate knowledge of image editing and design.
• Understanding and application of metadata, taxonomy and controlled vocabulary standards.
• Ability to work across multiple productions and projects, and large volumes of data/content while prioritizing and managing time and resources effectively.
• Previous background working with content management (CMS), digital asset management (DAM) systems, and task management/project management tools.
Nice to Haves
• Operate in a fast paced, high production, cross-functional and cross-cultural environment and tight deadlines. Flexible to changes in business priorities. Ability to adapt to new processes and standards, and re-prioritize work as needed.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with broadcast management systems for content information retrieval a plus.
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$52,800 - $63,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.