Director, International Brand Marketing
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Starz Creative Services provides creative and production services to all Starz properties and divisions. As part of the Creative Services team, Marketing & Creative Operations offers long term campaign and creative planning, end to end project management and tracking, and cross-functional support to ensure cohesive, integrated workflows, communication, and strategies throughout the business.
The Executive Director of Marketing & Creative Operations is the thought leader for all operations questions on the creative leadership team, helping to build an inclusive, inspiring work environment that enables Marketing to develop effective campaigns and Creative to deliver groundbreaking work.
• Oversee management, workflow, and resourcing of projects across all creative functions (Production, Video, Design, Print, Interactive) from intake through delivery and ensure project information is accurately reflected in established tools
• Spearhead the ongoing development and improvement of Marketing and Creative operational workflows, refining roadmap planning and developing a comprehensive operating plan with both immediate and long-term goals and milestones
• Partner with Content and Media Operations teams to develop and implement operating systems and tools that serve the global business
• Develop and maintain key relationships with internal & external partners, driving a culture of collaboration to create achievable and measurable project plans
• Consistently look for ways to enhance the infrastructure and operations of the creative department to effectively support our business partners, increase timeliness and communications, and support the creative development process
• Manage, mentor and progress the production and project management team, overseeing their work and performance in an in-person and remote environment
• Identify issues as/before they emerge and take proactive steps to resolve/prevent them
• Oversee the management of department budgets, financial tracking, stock and font licensing, contract and agreements
• Represent Creative Operations and advocate for project management standards and best practices that serve the business
Qualifications & Skills
• 10+ years of experience in creative operations for entertainment brands and/or advertising agencies
• Experience developing and implementing large-scale, cross-functional workflow management systems
• Eager to create scalable, reliable systems for stakeholders to design global marketing campaigns
• Expert knowledge of production management, workflow, infrastructure, project life cycles and management methodologies
• Experience in resource forecasting and production scaling as needed
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Expert knowledge of project management tools (current: InMotion, Asana, Opentext)
• Ability to see the big picture while also focusing on the details
• Ability to maintain a balanced and positive attitude in stressful situations
• Understands a strong operational foundation is at the core of great creative
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a “best of global SVOD” content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, 11 holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Reimbursement – Rideshare Program and Tuition (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.