Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
The Finance Director is responsible for company-wide financial planning and analysis. This role directs the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for assigned business area.
• Directs the preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for assigned business units
• Partner with the senior management team to integrate finance into the assigned operating units
• Directs the long-range planning process for assigned business units
• Reviews monthly & quarterly variance and trend analysis
• Responsible for special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested
• Manages the development of key performance financial and operational metrics
• Reviews data trends and makes recommendations to increase revenue, decrease costs and increase efficiencies
• Provides direction, oversight and guidance to finance staff
• Creates a team environment and provides coaching and mentoring to team members
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• 10+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience, including supervisory experience
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry
• Demonstrated ability to lead others, promote a team environment, coach and mentor
• Knowledge of GAAP
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgement even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including financial modeling
• Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Strong ability to develop effective policies, procedures and business practices
• Proficient knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project software applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with senior management
Nice to Haves
• MBA, CPA or CMA preferred but not required
• Experience with SAP BPC
• International FP&A experience
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71k79-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.