Summary of Position
The Executive Director, Awards & Talent Relations will lead strategic development and execution for awards campaigns and talent relations for STARZ Original Series. They will also liaise with Publicity, Events, Creative, Paid Media, Digital Marketing, Programming, and other internal departments on all awards efforts. The ideal candidate will have over 8 years creating strategic and effective awards campaigns in the television industry. This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Publicity, Events, Awards and Talent Relations.
• Leads the strategic development and execution of awards campaigns supporting STARZ Original Series and talent through all phases on an ongoing basis. Serves as the primary network liaison for awards entities.
• Budgets, plans and executes a wide range of awards related tactics to maximize exposure and recognition for STARZ Originals Series and talent.
• Oversees awards submissions with guidance on entry strategy and works to ensure submissions are complete and compliant.
• Liaise with key leaders at the Television Academy, industry guilds, Golden Globes, etc., acting as the main point of contact for all external award organizations, building and growing relationships for STARZ.
• Conceptualizes and creates creative mailers, stunts and events for awards efforts.
• Develop innovative activations and experiences that elevate the Starz's visibility amongst the award's community.
• Collaborates with Marketing (paid, creative and digital) in managing FYC creative campaigns and provides strategic guidance for all FYC media placements.
• Brings strong relationships with awards press, guilds, Television Academy, and industry tastemakers to identify FYC opportunities and reinforce Starz brand awareness among the voting communities.
• Oversee talent gifting for award nominations and wins.
• Serve as a talent liaison for the awards department to execute panels and Q&As and determine submission strategies, coordinating closely with the publicity and events teams.
• Handles outreach to talent, showrunners and below the line for award entry submissions.
• Manages a direct report and external agencies and consultants.
Qualifications & Skills
• 8+ years awards and talent relations experience, preferably in television.
• Seasoned awards executive who can both strategize and execute on a wide range of awards efforts.
• Must have experience working with executive producers, talent, producer/talent representatives, and high-level executives.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Must work well under pressure and with various personalities tactfully.
• Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Has a clear understanding of the awards landscape and closely follows the ever-changing rules and trends in Los Angeles and New York.
• Experience creating creative, out-of-the-box events that spark press, voter and industry conversation.
• Has a proven track record leading and executing successful awards campaigns.
• Ability to collaborate well with others and take direction while also being able to work well independently
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or Marketing
• Experience running red carpets at awards events and FYC panels is a plus
$160,000 - $180,000
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rby68y-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.