Summary of Position
As the Director, Web Applications, you will lead a team of development and test engineers, to build global direct-to-consumer video streaming applications. You will work closely with Product and UX teams as well as device partners to ensure STARZ applications deliver a world-class user experience for STARZ customers. In addition to building front-end user experiences, you'll manage client-side integrations with video and authentication services, customer payment and recurring billing platforms, content management systems, and analytics instrumentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure web engineering teams are appropriately staffed to deliver against product feature roadmap and other key technology goals.
• Lead teams in all phases of the software development lifecycle, delivering quality releases across in-market web applications.
• Collaborate with product owners to prioritize defect and technical debt alongside product roadmap backlog.
• Evolve application monitoring capabilities across all Web TV applications and regions.
• Work with technology device partners to ensure certification requirements are met for STARZ web applications.
• Actively work with Scrum team to remove impediments to sprint objectives.
Experience & Skills
• 10+ years experience on a software development team as both an engineer and manager.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred.
• Comfortable leading development teams within an Agile Scrum methodology.
• Current knowledge of modern web development frameworks and architectures.
• Experience building web applications for global consumption.
• Knowledge of streaming video technologies on web-enabled devices.
• Experience integrating web applications with storefront and/or recurring billing platforms.
• Solid understanding of scalable web application architectures in AWS.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
An Ideal candidate is located in the Denver-Metro area and is capable of being based in Englewood, Colorado.
• Employees working in the Englewood offices are eligible to participate in our telework program, working from home two days a week.
• Employees working in the Englewood offices may be asked to travel 1-2 times per year for training or to attend industry conferences.
About Our Company
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
Starz (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic US pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance, Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
$142,400 - $186,100
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xpk4-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.