Summary of Position
Reporting to the Vice President of International Media, the Director of Paid Social will be responsible for building a best-in-class paid social practice and overseeing paid social campaigns for Brand and Original Series marketing. In this role, the Director of Paid Social will plan and execute paid social campaigns across multiple coutries on key platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Snapchat, and Tiktok and identify new opportunities to scale performance, attribution, and business success. The ideal candidate is a strategic paid social expert, data-driven manager with a creative lens, and a proven track record of delivering results and earning trust with cross-functional teams and leadership. The role will have close interactions with the various departments within the organization including Paid Media, Direct Response, Research & Analytics to ensure holistic planning. Experience managing multiple territories/regions is preferred.
• Plan, execute, and measure paid social campaigns of varying budget levels
• Create a framework for paid social KPIs, goals, and attribution for success
• Develop media planning and execution processes including documents, platform usage playbooks, training programs, optimization best practices, etc.
• Lead the development of best-in-class paid social campaigns, building strategic and innovative plans to deliver performance-based results, and oversee campaigns post-mortem
• General understanding of broader media planning aspects to ensure coordination with wider media objectives
• Manage paid social P&L, including budget allocation per campaign and channel, forecasting and savings, and aligning with marketing and business objectives
• Work with Directors of Digital Marketing on social innovation and creative integration within paid social planning
• Present to leadership and cross-functional partners campaign plans and results regularly
• Foster and enhance relationships with paid social publishers including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Pinterest, Snapchat, and TikTok
• Develop an experimentation roadmap that includes assessing new marketing capabilities, running experiments and preliminary marketing campaigns through these channels, and scaling up successful strategies
• Attend Originals Marketing media meetings to ensure social buys are supporting new or changing campaigns with conversation targeting
• Manage RFP process with platform partners
• Provide hands-on support in paid social platforms with extensive knowledge of the ad tech interface and functionality
• Ad hoc reporting
• Able to think and problem solve creatively with regards to prioritizing audiences and managing budgets among territories
Qualifications & Skills
• 8+ years of hands-on experience in managing and executing large-scale paid social and other digital media channel budgets at an agency (FMP) or brand
• 2-3 years of managerial experience, including hiring, developing, and motivating a paid social team to perform at the highest level
• Owned multi-million-dollar media P&L with a focus on performance
• Ability to make data-informed decisions to drive direction and alignment with leadership, direct reports and cross-functional teams
• Creative aptitude with a track record of driving adoption of new ideas, and concepts, and pioneering new approaches within a big organization
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to work collaboratively across departments and present to leadership
• Strong attention to detail to ensure that all campaigns follow brand and company standards
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, Facebook, Twitter and Snap Ads Manager, and Google Integrated Advertising Management Platform
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar discipline preferred
Nice to Haves
• Television/Streaming/Entertainment industry experience preferred
• Tableau and SQL experience is preferred
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y741-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.