Summary of Position
The Director, International Digital Marketing will spearhead a best-in-class social media strategy and creative content for Starzplay. This leader leverages powerful research and marketing insights to create innovative and localized social media campaigns that raise awareness and drive engagement for Starzplay Originals, exciting exclusive titles, and the Starzplay brand.
• Drive and oversee the organic global social strategy and growth for Starzplay
• Responsible for community management and content pipeline on social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and more
• Manage social media creative and production budgets
• Partner with the marketing, research, and publicity teams on strategy and creative to ensure optimization and synergy
• Work with internal and external agencies for social creative production, with particular focus/attention on localized assets
• Provide strategic guidance on social activations, engagement tactics, and additional ways to enhance awareness of Starzplay titles and brand
• Responsible for organic social KPIs, monitoring performance, and optimizing creative and community management in each territory to maximize results
• Present learnings and recommendations for organic social media campaigns to the larger marketing and executive teams
• Perform social media community management duties when necessary, including copywriting, posting, live tweeting, replying to fans, etc.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing or related field required
• Minimum 7 years of experience in social media
• Minimum 5 years leading and developing a team
• Deep knowledge of social media and TV and Streaming industry trends
• Must be motivated by high volume workload
• Experience working in entertainment and with talent and creators
• Familiarity with markets, audiences and trends
• Experience overseeing internal and external creative teams/agencies
• Excellent demonstration of leadership and team management
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Nice to Haves
• Experience working in an international role and with multiple languages is preferred
• Language proficiency in EFIGS a plus
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp13ze-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.